Default Killing drone brood?

Today I noticed that my bees are dragging drone pupae out of the hive. At first I thought it was chilled/chalk brood, but on closer inspection the pupae aren't dessecated. They're most and plump and they literally look like they were developing fine.

This is also a hive that had a laying worker and now has a laying queen. All the capped brood currently in the hive are the drones left over from the laying worker. There are quite a few cells with eggs/larvae from the new queen. My question is this, will the bees after recognizing that they have a new queen dispose of the drone brood to make room for worker eggs? Or is this indicative of some potential problem?

Default Re: Killing drone brood?

"...will the bees after recognizing that they have a new queen dispose of the drone brood to make room for worker eggs? "
    thats what they're doing-making room.
    "Wine is a constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy" Ben Franklin

Default Re: Killing drone brood?

Ok good. That's what I was hoping they were doing. It was a little disconcerting to see worker bees dragging white drone bodies out the front of the hive and pitching them on the ground.