I've got a full box and they're seriously cooking on #2. I'm going to be away for a week and want to nadir before I leave so they have the space to grow while I'm gone. I'm not sure the best time of day to do it, though. I was thinking mid-day while they're out foraging would probably be best...and that I should probably smoke them? I've had them for almost two months and go out there to twiddle around a few times a week - fill their hive top feeder or their water and peek in the windows, sit and watch them...and I haven't smoked them yet....or even really suited up except for install. I was out in a sundress and flip flops the other day, my neighbors think I'm totally nuts when they see that, but my hive seems to be pretty even tempered...

In my mind, I'd smoke them good through the entrance, have two friends lift the hive, I'd slide another box under, smoke more as needed and then get down off the roof. It seems straightforward-ish, it's just hard to find a ton of warre info out there. Am I thinking this through right? I there anything else I should know?