Default Jamie D from Louisville, KY

Hi All,

Glad to be a part of the forum. After pining away for a few years now, I finally have made the plunge and got my bees on the 12th of May. They are an amazing to observe and I'm totally smitten! There is no real explanation as to why I've felt so compelled to keep bees, aside from the love of learning and nature and the knowledge of our surroundings. (one of my coworkers thinks that I'm trying maximize my number of pets!!) All I know is that I am lucky to have them and can't wait to see what happens next. I am here because there is just so much info on the internet, but when there is something specific that I'm wondering about, I can't seem to find an answer. Thanks in advance for listening (reading) and helping me out!

Default Re: Jamie D from Louisville, KY

Welcome to the forum and the hobby, Jamie. I think you've discovered an important aspect of beekeeping...honey bees are *highly* addictive.

Remember that if you're not sure what to do...do nothing. The bees are pretty smart and will show you what to do if you are observant. Ask questions, read, read, read, and get into the bees with a student's inquisitiveness.

Enjoy your new hobby and best wishes,
    Ed

Awww, thanks Ed! There is nothing like it! Every spare moment, I'm next to the hives. My hopes are that they take me for a friendly giant. Of course, I understand that's a pipe dream once the honey is created.

Welcome to the site!

Welcome Jamie!
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

Default Welcome Jamie :)

Their friendliness seems to correlate with how long its been since I inspected the hive, frame by frame.