Default Pigeon Moutain Breeze jacket problem

Anyone have the elastic on the wrist and waist of the jacket loose the elasticity? Mine did after two months. I keep it in my truck so it does get hot but I carry my bee stuff with me always.
    I emailed PM. See what they say.

Default Re: Pigeon Moutain Breeze jacket problem

its not PIGEON Mountain's fault,, the supplier does not sew the elastic in well enough,, just find a seamstress have her pull it back and re-anchor it,, $5 job,,

Quote Originally Posted by beegeorge View Post
    its not PIGEON Mountain's fault,, the supplier does not sew the elastic in well enough,, just find a seamstress have her pull it back and re-anchor it,, $5 job,,
    I politely disagree, beegeorge. If you go to PM's website and go to the ventilated clothing page it say in big letters "Introducing Pigeon Mountain Brand TM Ventilated Bee Ware". The "TM" part of that is a trademark notice. My Golden Bee jacket uses velcro which is durable and adjustable...better design than elastic in my opinion. I don't know anything about sewing but I have seen elastic that has lost it's "stretch". I would be contacting the vendor if it's only that old...and glad to hear this report as I've been considering getting a ventilated suit and was considering one of the imports...will need to study the elastic cuffs.

Here's a direct quote from PM's website regarding the suits manufacture...

"...at the legs. We put elastic cuffs at the sleeves and adjustable velcro cuffs on the legs. Because we make our own Pigeon Mountain BrandTM products -- we weave the fabric, extrude our own synthetic fabrics, do our own sewing, and market our product directly to you -- we can guarantee the quality of the product that you receive. And, we can set a price that you, our customer, will be sure to love. You can certainly pay more for ventilated bee wear somewhere else, but we do not believe that you can buy a better quality ventilated bee suit. We are so confident that our product will amaze you, we are providing a full money back guarantee if you are not fully pleased upon receiveing and inspecting your Pigeon Mountain BrandTM Ventilated Bee Wear!!"

Ed

I love the jacket.
    This was on a another thread and discussed. The jacket is assembled in Indonesia. The materials are U.S. made as I recall.
    It may not be PM fault, but they are RESPONSIBLE. In the big picture, I probably will fix it myself unless PM sends me a new jacket and then has the defective one UPS picked up. Guess I'll find out "the stuff" they are made of.

I'm not sure about the jacket, but I love their suits!!!!! I have 2 of them. I will no longer do any cut-outs w/o wearing it. In fact, my 2 Dadant jackets are now useless unless I have an observer watching from some distance that might wish to wear it.

I used to get stung a many times when wearing the normal jackets and jeans. So, I'd wear insulated underwear covered by jeans or wear jeans with an old pair of sweat pants over the top. Then I'd wear a wool shirt under the normal jacket to prevent stinging. This proved to be a very HOT set-up for cut-outs here in Texas during the summer. I had to really worry about getting heat stroke!!!!

I find the Pigeon Mountain vented suit to be a wonderful replacement!!! Rick just get this minor problem fixed locally as it will work out fine and there should not be any major cost to get it done.

Elastic will not tolerate the heat. it breaks down just like a rubber band would. I woudl have velcro placed on the sleeves it does not break down with time. It gets filled with lint but you can fix that much easier than stretched out elastic. Two months seems like it broke down very fast even in a hot truck. low quality elastic. I don't think I would be paying for repairs to a two month old suit either. Not at the cost of these suits. I have a couple of coats I have paid that sort of money for and I wear them every day all day. they last for years no issues. I loose a button every now and then and have had to replace the Zipper on one. That is comparable to what I expect from a $100 plus bee jacket. I also think that is reasonable. You should not have problems for the first couple of years. much less months.
    Stand for what you believe, even if you stand alone.

Rick,
    Please keep us updated on what PM has to say about your jacket. I recently purchased one and my wife got the suit, am curious as to how they respond and work with you. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Intheswamp View Post
    Here's a direct quote from PM's website regarding the suits manufacture...

"Because we make our own Pigeon Mountain BrandTM products -- we weave the fabric, extrude our own synthetic fabrics, do our own sewing, and market our product directly to you -- we can guarantee the quality of the product that you receive. And, we can set a price that you, our customer, will be sure to love. You can certainly pay more for ventilated bee wear somewhere else, but we do not believe that you can buy a better quality ventilated bee suit. We are so confident that our product will amaze you, we are providing a full money back guarantee if you are not fully pleased upon receiveing and inspecting your Pigeon Mountain BrandTM Ventilated Bee Wear!!"
    This led me to believe that the suits were made in the US, but they're not. Kind of a disappointment. Although my suit is great so far.

I originally got the fencing type veil, but don't think it's as cool, so I got the round type veil to replace it.
    Greg Whitehead, Ten Mile, TN
    Blog - http://gregsbees.blogspot.com/

I'm hesitant to repair it till I've heard from PM. With the holiday, will be at least several days. I'm not going go stupid over it but two months seems a little short. The elastic is very convenient especially in the waist. If I repair it I will most likely put 1/8 bunji cord to replace the elastic. I'll post when I get more info.

Pigeon Mountain hasn't responded yet to the cuff/elastic issue (from what I can tell), but I feel confident that they will. PM seems like a standup company to me. Take what I state below in a context of arguing the responsibility for a faulty product and not insinuating that PM is dodging responsibility...I feel that they will make it "right".

It doesn't matter where they're made at or who does the sewing, Pigeon Mountain is themselves stating in writing that they are the maker of this ventilated bee wear. I'm sure that they dictate the specs that the suits and jackets are built to. They go so far as to state they weave, extrude, sew and market the product. No matter who actually does the sewing or whatever...the top dog here is PM. A company can't claim ownership of a product, promote it's sale, and enjoy the profits from it but when a problem comes up with that product disown it and say it's the shop in Indonesia's fault.

Rick, I think you're doing the right thing not to modify anything until you hear from PM.

I had been wondering how the elastic in the imported bee wear that has come on the scene over the last year would hold up. I know that I, too, leave my jacket in my vehicle...and summer heat be hard on elastic material. I'm thinking that there may be a move with these imports to go the velcro route in the future. I've been wanting to pick up a full suit and was looking at getting one of the imports. It appears that the mesh material is working ok for folks but maybe some kinks in the details still need to be worked out.

Best wishes to all,
    Ed

I keep my Ultrabreeze full suit in my truck all year, and the elastic in the ankle & wrist cuffs is as good as new after 2 years. The mesh is the way to go, no heat stroke or stings

Received response from PM. Sending UPS pick up order for jacket and (assuming) a replacement.(sent inquiry to be sure as I need a jacket before I ship the defective one back) Can't beat that
    BTW, the email was cc to a rep. at their vinyl plant. Guess someone in quality control will be improving something.

I had a problem with my ventilated full suit over the weekend. Contacted Pidgeon Mountain first thing this morning and got a response from the head guy in about two minutes. He is sending me return tags and they are going to replace it. If I have the same problem with the second suit, I'll have to wonder if mine was an isolated incident.

This is what has transpired.
    PM sent a UPS pickup order for the jacket but no replacement. I called to advise I need my jacket to work my bees. (I became spoiled and did not want to go back to the old hot stuff,,,I know waah) We worked it out so they would send me a new jacket, on my C card, and when they received the defect, they would credit it back to my account. I have no issue with that. I'm sure they have been burned trying to be the good guy. My only fault/complaint, is, I wish it been presented as an option up front for times sake. No big deal. I just got the new jacket. Very fast shipping. Folks, this is much better quality jacket imo. The pockets are better material and well sewn. The breast pocket has the PM logo. Way cool looking. ( I know free advertising) The lower front pockets are much better quality than the other. There is no assembled in India tag on the inside of the jacket. Just another PM logo with washing instructions. Can't say what that means.
    What had happened to mine, the elastic had come un sewn on one end. I was able to afix it, but a temp because the elastic had frayed and was short. PM stated they had not had elastic issues, but some zipper issues. The zipper is stiff. Use some bees wax and it breaks in fine.
    All considered, two thumbs up for PM.
    Oh, if I every get to Georgia, I have a date

I had very pleasant experience with PM. I ordered too large vented beesuit and they replaced it, no problem. They even paid for the shipment in both ways. I have to admit that my beesuit is not without minor problems, but it is absolutely bullet (pardon me -bee)-proof! Actually, I have no problem with zippers - you just need to figure out how they go. My major complain to this beesuit is that they have no zippers at the bottom of the pants, so you need to put suit on first and than shoes. Sergey