Default Bees love this Holly bush - Can you help tell me what kind it is?

Dear, Friends,

The bees seem to love this holly bush in our yard. I planted them 10 years ago and have no idea what they are. Can someone give me an opinion on what they think it is? Grows fast, always green, has only one sticker on the tip of the leaf..have tiny flowers that bees love and bright red berries..

here is a link to the photo:http://queenbjan.files.wordpress.com...e-on-holly.jpg
    http://queenbjan.files.wordpress.com...e-on-holly.jpg

Default Re: Bees love this Holly bush - Can you help tell me what kind it is?

Maybe if you could give us a couple more pics to work from? One of a little more of the foliage (leaves and stems), and maybe one showing one whole plant might help.

Ilex cornuta 'Burfordii' -Burford Chinese Holly. Most gardener's just call the 'Burford's'. It is one of the most common hollies used for landscaping in the South.

I know bee's love them. Depending on how many plants you have, you may get some good honey from those hollies.

Yes, I vote for burford Holly too. We have seven of those, but they are still young.

Just looked up some high-res "Burford Holly" pics on Google...same leaves, flowers, and stems...I'd say we have a winner
    Good call WallieBee!

Thank you all so much... I have found to some Nellie Stevens Hollys at a good deal near me, which is what I thought was close to these.. Do you guys know if the bees love the "Nellie Stevens Holly" as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael1964 View Post
    Thank you all so much... I have found to some Nellie Stevens Hollys at a good deal near me, which is what I thought was close to these.. Do you guys know if the bees love the "Nellie Stevens Holly" as well?
    These green shrubs look brown in my yard when they are blooming...Bees love them...Smell delicious too!
    "You have to put down the ducky if you wanna play the Saxophone!" Mr .Hoot