Default Honey by the frame

I want to sell full frames of honey both med and small. what should they sell for at my farmers market (North Berwick,Maine) and what is a good way to package them?
    Thanks,
    Dan

Default Re: Honey by the frame

Have heard that with the right crowd/market as high as $65-$80 for a med. and at other areas/markets they wouldn't touch it unless it was in a jar. Weigh your capped frame and apply honey/pound charge plus 10 percent for novalty and see what happens, Package in a large ziplock bag I guess. Jim
    Stop and smell the flowers, 50,000 ladies can't be wrong
    Bsweetapiary@aol.com

Watch the heat or you will have a mess in that ziplock bag. Sorry, just looked at your location, heat is not a problem. Farmers markets in the South get 100 to 115 degrees in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by scdw43 View Post
    Watch the heat or you will have a mess in that ziplock bag. Sorry, just looked at your location, heat is not a problem. Farmers markets in the South get 100 to 115 degrees in the summer.

I will use a cooler

speaking of which, you might want to consider freezing those frames for a couple days before selling them. You SHOULDN"T have to worry about wax moth larva or SHBs, but you never can be to safe.