Default bad mistake..How can I correct this? And a feeding question for late summer

Well with the warm weather I went out and moved my follower board feeders back to back of the hive.

Some observations. Both hives seem to be doing well, there is a load of bees in both hives now. I thought 4lb packages was a lot lol.

My follower board feeders are 2" wide with plexiglass and 3/4 foam insulation on the outside of it I plan on removing the insulation the end of the month on the feeders to help with space if I need to put the feeders back in, they are taped with aluminum tape to the feeder front and back..., with a window screen over the top to help keep from having them go nutz when I feed, along with screen inside and out on the front edge for them to walk on and some sticks I snatched shoved down inside for good keeping. They are a PAIN to move. They both were stuck and took some work with the hive tool to move. I may make a hook out of some rod to get under neath the back side (tip it foward slightly). First few feedings I had issues with the syrup traveling on the screen to the sides and walking its way to the bottom. The bees went right after it...but moving the feeder was a pain today with no handles. Next one's going to have a couple hooks small enough to fit in the hive....but big enough I can hook onto with a seperate lifting bar when I need to move/remove the feeder. I didnt have them over hang the sides at all.....regret that decision also lol.

So the 'bad' mistake. Hopefully this isnt confusing.

In both hives, I noticed the one hive that had no gap between the V of the last bar and the feeder wasnt getting used much. That ball of bees was towards the front of the hive. the one covering the pollen patti. Hive 2 the ball of bees was right in front of my follower board feeder and overlfowing into the feeder, hence screen. This hive when I installed, I put a spacer about the width of a top bar but unfortunatly not as thick...and yup you guessed it, I have half a comb full of necter (or sugar water I dont know how to tell the difference) and some pollen. I didnt see any brood larva, but I immediatly noticed my queen...this was my last move in the hive. I had to swap the bars from behind the feeder to out in front....as I moved slide the feeder towards the rear this spacer went with it, as did the comb and queen, so I moved this last comb with my queen back by the ball of bees towards the center of my hive, and the feeder was position at the rear.

The spacers are thin thickness wise...I removed the one that witout issue in hive 1, no comb and a handful of bees were on it. This one in hive 2 however has half a comb on it. The bar is just some pine I used for spacers I had left over, its 1 3/8 wide...but thin and there's no comb guide, v or anything on it. the comb is straight but full. I'm worried the bar may break if I continue to allow them to continue to fill this comb out, but dont want to do anything with my queen on it either. I dont know if she'll fly off, abscond or die from laughing at the new beek LOL.

I didnt get pics due to finding the queen I wanted to seal things up quick and really had no intention on pulling bars till next week till I saw this comb and figured I'd move it back to the bees to keep things in order after seeing the queen. The spacer they built on is 1/8 to 3/16ths thick pine 1 3/8s wide and it bowed slightly with half a comb filled to the brim. I dont think I saw an empty hole one.

I thought about giving it a week or so and hopefully my queen will move off it, back into the main ball....and move the spacer with comb back by the feeder and hopefully with these cool nights the bees will migrate back to the original cluster and I can remove this comb and reattach to a new bar? Kind of daunting it seems fragil and still thin in thickness, I'm not sure a hair clip would work, thinking it would be too powerful and chop right through it? or how to hang the clip on the bar itself?

another idea..... I have another slat I could glue to it and double the thickness...was thinking hot melt and a iron and I may not even have to remove the bar at all doing everything with just the lid off..... didnt like the thought of say wood glue or epoxies for obvious reasons. I could let them build on this till later in the year this way without fear of it breaking, though I'd rather move it to a real bar and reattach if possible before it gets out of hand.. I originally used a staple gun with the bees in the hive to tack down the screen....baaaad idea with the ball on that spacer LOL! Today I pulled them all out.

Hive 1 I removed the spacer in front of the feeder. Overall using a spacer between my last bar and the feeder was a baaaad idear lol.

2nd question I wanted to ask about feeding later. This was a problem I didnt fully understand till it was too late to make any mod/bar changes.

I'll loose a couple bar spaces due to the 3.5" wide (with the insulation) feeder inside the hive. When I start running out of room (on what appears to be a small hive already), I reckon I'll have to start pulling partially finished comb to keep them from flying off? I keep reading/hearing about periods of derth. So I'm trying to figure out a way to get through this summer and build some kind of feeder to get through these times. I have 3/16 spacers between bars (per the plans from the golden mean hive) with 1 3/8" bars. I thought possibly I may be able to do a hive top feeder by making a new lid for this and taking out a spacer or the bar at the back of the hive all together.

I didnt leave room for hive management and I'm hoping to figure something out before I get too much comb drawn. The one I pulled out on the spacer is plugged. with what I'd assume is necter-sugarwater? (clear) and pollen the yellow/orange.

Default Re: bad mistake..How can I correct this? And a feeding question for late summer

I don't understand why you are still "feeding." Warm days... flowers... sun... Can't they find enough to eat by now? Be careful not to be feeding ants...

Default Re: bad mistake..How can I correct this? And a feeding question for late summer

The beek I bought bees from recommended I feed till the end Of may. I am day 13 on two new top bars.

My honest answer I have no idea! This is my first year at it.