Default Apitherapy & Dizziness

Has anyone heard of using apitherapy for dizziness that the doctor can not give a reason for? It is not disabling but constant.
    Thanks

Default Re: Apitherapy & Dizziness

I don't know about using apitherapy for dizziness, rtoney. You might try the American Apitherapy Society. Someone there might be able to give you some information.
    Susan

the girls like to sting me on the back of my head on a spot where there are lymph nodes it really clears my head

I never thought of it. I went through a spell once where the world would not quit spinning even when I laid down. It was horrible. I always assumed it was a virus in the inner ear or something as it eventually cleared up (after several days). I can't imagine why a sting would help, though...
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

I've used antivert in the past.

There are also some exercises you can do to help dislodge any offending solids in your inner ear.

As a nurse recently diagnosed with Menierre's disease (disorder of the inner ear that causes fluid imbalance in the semicircular canals), I can tell you what I have learned.

1. LOW salt diet. Salt interferes with the fluid balance.
    2. No caffeine, alcohol, tobacco or other altering substances.
    3. I was prescribed a diuretic (Dyazide).

It took a couple of weeks but these measures have helped reduce the vertigo. There is no magic pill to "cure" dizziness. Make notes of what makes it better or worse for you and make appropriate changes!

JD

You may also Google "Epley maneuver". That maneuver cleared my dizziness. I did have to do it several times before it worked.

Wow. I just laid on the bed as still as I could, closed my eyes (they would not stop moving). Any movement only made it worse, but I can't say that no movement made it stop. Eventually it stopped... next time (if there is one and I hope there isn't) I'll try a lot of water and no coffee. And maybe the epley maneuver. I should be able to remember the name. It's our airport here...
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Michael- did it work? Hope you are ok now...

>Michael- did it work? Hope you are ok now...

It went away on it's own after a couple of days and has not occurred again and that was about 12 or 13 years ago. But it was terrible and any solution would be worth knowing in case it ever happens again...