Default Indemnity paperwork?

Does anybody have a template for a liability indemnity sheet for the owner to sign? Whether it protects me or not I would feel more comfortable getting this before I conduct a cutout.

Got a big one coming up this Friday. Going out with another beek.

Default Re: Indemnity paperwork?

Good idea!
    President, San Francisco Beekeepers Association
    www.habitatforhoneybees.org

I adapted this from another type of contract, what do you all think? Any lawyers in the group?

I hereby acknowledge that I have voluntarily asked beekeepers

Hereby known as the Sponsor.

To conduct in a certain bee/beehive removal, to be determined (collectively, such activities being herein collectively referred to as the “Activities”, by (the Sponsor).

I understand that the Activities do involve certain risks and dangers to people and property. I am fully cognizant of such risks and dangers associated with the Activities. I am fully willing to allow in the Activities and I willingly assume the risk of injury to people or property as my responsibility. I understand and agree that any bodily injury, death, or property damage suffered as a result of my negligence or the negligence of any member of my family allowing the Activities is my full responsibility. In consideration of and as a part payment for the right to allow in the Activities offered by the Sponsor, I agree that I am in good health with no physical defects that injurious and that I am able to handle the risks and dangers associated with the Activities.

As lawful consideration for being permitted by the Sponsor to participate in the Activities, I release from any legal liability the participants in the Activity from any and all injury, death, or property damage caused by or resulting from my participation in the Activities.

I agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor and it’s officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and their respective heirs, successors and/or assigns for any injury or death caused by or resulting from me or my family’s participation in the Activities.

This contract shall be legally binding upon me, my heirs, my estate, assigns, legal guardians and my personal representatives.

I have carefully read this Agreement and fully understand its contents. I am aware that I am releasing certain legal rights that I may otherwise have and I enter into this contract on behalf of myself and/or my family of my own free will.

Signed:___________________________________________ __________________________

Date:_____________________________________________ __________________________

If you send me your email I will send what I use, it is a hold harmless agreement.

You must be extremely careful of any indemnification clause or you can end up spending unlimited amounts of money to defend the property owner and others. It could wipe you out. Contact your lawyer, its worth the money in this instance.