Default Newbee's nuc swarmed on the first day in the first hour

Hi Newbee from Wisconsin here. I bought a nuc and hived them in late afternoon they swarmed about an hour later.
    They were in low branches of a tree about 10 ft from the hive. I wasn't prepared for a swarm I took out one frame from a 9 frame + feeder 9 inch deep then cut the smallest branch and put it in the hive and shook the bees off. Then I cut the larger branch and did the same thing. There were still a fist full of bees in the tree so I shook them into a small plastic bag then dumped them into the hive. It was getting cooler out and all the ladies were agitated but I think they're ok . It has been 6 days now and all seems ok except where I took out the frame. I couldn't get it back in that night but the bees have already started to fill the space.

Will it hurt the bees come winter to have only 8 frames with one being deformed? Should I remove it and replace it with new frames? Or do I just leave them alone now?:

Default Re: Newbee's nuc swarmed on the first day in the first hour

I would remove it now and replace with the frame. It want take but 3 or 4 minutes to do that.

Karen, if your frames are drawn out add another box. That swarm will fill that deep pretty quickly. The main flow hasn't started yet, and I have a good feeling that this year is going to be a blockbuster for honey.

Thank you I carried out both suggestions today. They had honey on the deformed frame so I got a taste yum!!!