Hi all and thank you for being patient with me.
I never kept bees before and my first colony is arriving this Wednesday.

I have build a hTBH by using Phill Chandler's plans but did change some parts to my own likeing, like the high periscope entrance which are placed on the ends and not sides + observation window. This hive is part of my Self-sufficinecy Studies which Im part of until October this year. I wish this project to show to people and students that it is possible keepeing bees in such hives (most people are sceptic when they see it).
Photo of this educational hive (notice the entracne holes are in the appriox middle);
http://chopwoodcarrywaterplantseeds....-finished.html
Zoom on the entrance from outside;
http://chopwoodcarrywaterplantseeds....-bar-hive.html

I am reading alot about hive atmosphere and how important it is to contain it by not opening the hive often.
I also read about Olofsson project;
Lactic acid bacteria (LAB) are well recognized beneficial host-associated members of the microbiota of humans and animals. Yet LAB-associations of invertebrates have been poorly characterized and their functions remain obscure. Here we show that honeybees possess an abundant, diverse and ancient LAB microbiota in their honey crop with beneficial effects for bee health, defending them against microbial threats. Our studies of LAB in all extant honeybee species plus related apid bees reveal one of the largest collections of novel species from the genera Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium ever discovered within a single insect and suggest a long (>80 mya) history of association. Bee associated microbiotas highlight Lactobacillus kunkeei as the dominant LAB member. Those showing potent antimicrobial properties are acquired by callow honey bee workers from nestmates and maintained within the crop in biofilms, though beekeeping management practices can negatively impact this microbiota. Prophylactic practices that enhance LAB, or supplementary feeding of LAB, may serve in integrated approaches to sustainable pollinator service provision. We anticipate this microbiota will become central to studies on honeybee health, including colony collapse disorder, and act as an exemplar case of insect-microbe symbiosis.
http://www.lunduniversity.lu.se/o.o....postid=2431682

We evaluated the antagonistic effects of newly identified lactic acid bacteria (LAB) in the genera Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium, originating from the honey stomach, on the honey bee pathogen, Paenibacillus larvae. We used inhibition assays on agar plates and honey bee larval bioassays to investigate the effects of honey bee LAB on P. larvae growth in vitro and on AFB infection in vivo. The individual LAB phylotypes showed different inhibition properties against P. larvae growth on agar plates, whereas a combination of all eleven LAB phylotypes resulted in a total inhibition (no visible growth) of P. larvae. Adding the LAB mixture to the larval food significantly reduced the number of AFB infected larvae in exposure bioassays. The results demonstrate that honey bee specific LAB possess beneficial properties for honey bee health. Possible benefits to honey bee health by enhancing growth of LAB or by applying LAB to honey bee colonies should be further investigated.
http://www.lunduniversity.lu.se/o.o....postid=1535532

If Im understanding properly the acid fumes from the honey production is heavier than air and will sink to the bottom. The fumes will exit the hive through the low entrance I assume. This is where high entrance is playing important role. BUT, in winter the warm air will readily escape from the hive throuhg the hive entrance, no?

Side note; In this case I see the solution in Buddha's teaching; The Middle Way; hive entrance in the middle would that entrance satisfy all the preferable hive atmosphere properties.

I was thinking to fill the bottom of the hive with (Birch) wood shavings to help in regulating humidity. There is a metal mesh separating bees from the floor so bees will have no chance sealing the cracks between the floor and walls. Some if not all of the acid fumes will leak out.

My second hive will not house bees this year. This hive is based on Bushfarm's TBH (I know he doesnt prefer drilling holes) with a high entrance. The entrance is exactly under the top bars. The floor is sealed and there is no mesh floor in it. I will let the bees seal any small cracks between the floor and side walls with propolis.
Photo of my second hive;
http://chopwoodcarrywaterplantseeds....-entrance.html

Im all theory at the moment and am in need for a mentor to guide me a bit. All beekeepers around my area are into conventional beekeeping with frames and wax fondations and are focused on honey production and treating with Oxalic Acids for Varroa. If I talk hTBH they say "you will not have enough honey" and "Varroa will kill the colony if not threated". I do understand their atitude shaped by the diabolic of ignorance and greed. We all are under this "diabolic" influence more or less so Im not agitated with their replies but I do feel a need to get answers from beekeepers who look at the nature in a holistic manner (more or less).

Im sorry for writing so much and thank you for reading it and even more so if you reply to it

May you an your bees be happy at heart