Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Ultra Breeze Chin Protection

Ok, just another update. We split 30 hives today and I did not get a single sting anywhere. The UB suit held up to its reputation of keeping the stings away, and with the guard in place they could not get to my neck through the veil.

I have sent pictures and other information to UB with the results. I think they are working on some ideas.

It is a great suit and it does allow the few breezes we had to day to come on through. The Southern Sauna is here, can't wait till it gets really hot!!!

Astro, i did pass your request along as well.

Tony P, what size did you buy. I got the XXL. I also passed your idea along as well.

Tim

No stings thru my Ultra Breeze
    https://www.facebook.com/stevesbees99
    Please visit my page, Thanks

I just can't shell out that much money for a suit, and these complaints are making me feel better about it. They're a good operation though - they'll improve the design.

Adam

Tim, Thanks for working on the one flaw that many of us have found with the UltraBreeze. I hope your design change works. I may wait until it's put into production before I buy my next jacket from them.
    "Can't never did do nothin'" Grandma Heltsley

Tim,

There's another thread discussing the same issue, and Monkadelic improvised and implemented the stiff collar that I suggested...

Quote Originally Posted by Monkadelic View Post
    Toekneepea's comment about a stiff ring just made me think of a possible solution... I have a similar problem with the veil on my BBWear suit (I assume from washing it often). Perhaps a strip of plastic boning (used in corsets and dresses) stitched around the perimeter of the veil would work. I might have to try that and see, if no one beats me to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkadelic View Post
    Haven't tried it on yet but I did find some boning and stitched it to the inner seam just above the zipper where the veil connects. It now stands up on its own!

If you could forward this onto the folks at Ultrabreeze, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Cheers,
    Tony P.
    There must be a harder way to do that... let me find it for you.

Ultra Breeze has been wonderful to work with and I know they will come up with a great solution.

Here is the solution I came up with. It worked great, but I am sure there are other ideas that might work better.

I sewed veclro to the fabric and then sewed velcro to the hood support pouch. With this people with longer necks and shorter necks can adjust the guard up and down as necessary.

Chin Guard 2.jpg

Suit W Chin Guard 1.jpg

When working the bees yesterday, the bees collected at the bottom of the veil but were not able to sting through the guard. Not a single sting anywhere.

Tim

I bought a new hood for my UB Jacket and asked if it would be possible to get veil material to replace the original with (ember damage). Received the new hood (came with new chin protection modification installed) and found precut pieces to replace all of the veil material in the old hood....Thank you Stephanie!!
    I've made a couple of visits to the bee yards and very please with the new design. Wore the jacket without a hat and went through 32 hives.... some with an attitude that I'm hoping a new queen takes care of. The new design has stays installed in the chin area of the hood and performed flawlessly!
    I have asked my wife to sew some stays into the old hood, so it's as sting proof as the new.

Hey AF.........got a pic of the new veil/hood?

Tks!

snl, wife left the camera on top of a hive...and naturally it rained! So no pics until we can get another.

Just to chime in, I received one of the new hoods several weeks ago and i have been working a lot of bees, and it has worked flawlessly through this summer. I will post a pic of the new hood that I have and see if it is the same as yours, AF. And yes, Stephanie is wonderful to work with!

Fixin to order my Dad one, I guess at 82 years old he deserves one!!!! lol Just kidding he deserves that a a whole lot more for putting up with me for the past 50+ years!!

Thanks,
    Tim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12