Default First swarm YEAH BABY!!!

Caught my first swarm today. Sorry, no pics I had an audience and wasn't thinking about pictures. I got a call from a friend today, there was a swarm on a Crepe Myrtle tree in a hospital parking lot. Put them in a cardboard box brought them to their new home in a TBH. Hopefully they'll stay I saw several bees in there doing a bee dance, maybe they'll find their new home suits them and won't leave. They had already started comb in the cardboard box about 3 hours after I caught them.

Default Re: First swarm YEAH BABY!!!

awesome, if you have a spare comb with some open brood in it, you could add that to improve the odds that they'll stay

Nice!!
    Mike Forbes
    Red Dirt Apiaries

I have it sitting between two active hives now and a medium super I have on a SBB with lgo napkin. Maybe if they don't like the TBH maybe they'll go to it. I was doing everything I could think of to keep them in the box. Then my wife came and said there's water all in the yard. Yep sewer problems had to stop with the bees and work on that. Maybe I can get up early and steal some brood from my mean hive.

I put some comb on 2 bars today using hardware cloth to hold them on, when I went to put them in they started at the wrong end. I guess my arrow that said start here wasn't big enough. Anyway they have started drawing on 5 of the bars.

sounds like things are going well with them. Congratulations

Just an update. I think I'm hooked on swarms. Everything is going good they are building comb nice and straight.