Default Would you all say a swarm will be coming soon with this type of activity?

Of course, no one could ever know for sure what bees are going to do, but I am highly encouraged by the activity in at least one of my bait hives in my backyard.

I have an ugly hive I threw together. All that's in it is some old comb attached to about 2 or 3 top bars with hair clips, beeswax on all the top bars on twine, and some lemongrass oil.

Check out all the activity....and a short panoramic view of my backyard and other hives.

The wooden light blue top bar hive has a full colony in it that's a bout a week-and-a-half old from a cut-out. I also have a barrel hive the video shows that's presently set up as a bait hive.

Default Re: Would you all say a swarm will be coming soon with this type of activity?

And oh yes, I also have several bird baths and a water bucket set up in my backyard. There's a bird bath right next to the jalopy bait hive that the bees were hitting for the past week-or-so. A few of them would sometimes check out the hive, but nothing major.

But today that all changed.

Admittedly, I used honey several weeks ago to get the hives noticed initially, but I haven't had any honey in them now for quite some time.