Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Russell Queens

Default Re: Russell Queens

Quote Originally Posted by seal62 View Post
    The biggest joke ,,,and it is a joke ,,,the bees are worth the wait . Here"s the bee math . You can add up the numbers as you see fit . A queen lays x amount of bees a day , there are 30 days in a month . Is it worth it to wait a month for 400$ worth of queens payed for 11 months in advance ?
    Many individuals have said it before, including the Doc, you don't order from Russell's if you want queens for splits or you want queens today. If you are timing a split, or need a queen asap, Russell's will tell you to order from someone else. You order from Russell's for the genetic diversity, for the genetics of the queens.

If you want to complain about how much productivity you lose from not having a queen for 30 days (or longer), PLEASE order from someone else. You will be happier, have more bees, and Russell won't have to deal with the complaints. If you instead want to increase your genetic gene pool, then use them for that. But don't confuse the two.

Quote Originally Posted by TIMER View Post
    they must be selectively ignoring the folks who have issues.

Quote Originally Posted by TIMER View Post
    It seems that many of the posters here get responses right away.
    If that is true then they must be selectively ignoring the folks who have issues.
    That's just plain bad business.
    I was told that Victoria had been the only one in the office and my first two emails had gone in the spam folder which they only check once a week. It really sounds like they are just short staffed. That is further confirmed by the fact that their voice mail has been full at least for the past week. I feel for the poor folks who are buried with such a volume that they can't keep up and get the brunt of frustration because of it. For an operation of their size and the prices they charge there is really no excuse for it. Hire a couple people part time in the busy season if you have to but don't leave so many customers in the dark with no communication.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialkayme View Post
    Many individuals have said it before, including the Doc, you don't order from Russell's if you want queens for splits or you want queens today. If you are timing a split, or need a queen asap, Russell's will tell you to order from someone else. You order from Russell's for the genetic diversity, for the genetics of the queens.
    You either aren't reading what people are complaining about or your are intentionally mischaracterizing the complaints. If the web site indicates a queen of a certain type should ship in a certain time frame that is setting an expectation with the customer. If something happens that changes that expectation then a new expectation should be set and communicated by the web site at a minimum. That hasn't happened. The fact that customers can't reach anyone to get answers without great difficulty only makes matters worse. These are legitimate gripes. Product quality is not the only thing that matters in running a business.

[QUOTE=Specialkayme;798828]Many individuals have said it before, including the Doc, you don't order from Russell's if you want queens for splits or you want queens today. If you are timing a split, or need a queen asap, Russell's will tell you to order from someone else. You order from Russell's for the genetic diversity, for the genetics of the queens.

And where on his queen ordering page does it state THAT???

We'll take your money and send you your order sometime in the next 15 months? That's just what I need, queens showing up on my doorstep when I have no use for them. I'm new to beekeeping and not in the 'loop' of good old boy knowledge.
    So many people on Beesourse raved about the quality of these queens. I was unawere of the poor service until after I had already hit the 'Paypal' icon.

Let me go start my smoker with a few $100. dollar bills. At least I would see something for my money.

Default Re: Russell queen order???

Communcation is important. How about if the Queen Breeder is unable to fill a order in a timely manner, can they state this on their website. "Sold Out", "Not Taking New Orders", "New Orders Not Taken At This Time" instead of just letting it ride until the customer is mislead.

I used the yahoo address on the website.

I think one just has have different expectations from Russell. They primarily supply large operations. When you get ahold of them they are very nice and helpful. He sent me replacement queens last year at no cost when there was a problem.

If you absolutely need something then one might want to consider another supplier.

Quote Originally Posted by beeker View Post
    You either aren't reading what people are complaining about or your are intentionally mischaracterizing the complaints. If the web site indicates a queen of a certain type should ship in a certain time frame that is setting an expectation with the customer. If something happens that changes that expectation then a new expectation should be set and communicated by the web site at a minimum. That hasn't happened. The fact that customers can't reach anyone to get answers without great difficulty only makes matters worse. These are legitimate gripes. Product quality is not the only thing that matters in running a business.
    Right below the part of dates when queens start getting shipped it says the weather in unpretictable, and stuff changes. This is guy is nice enough to let us get queens without buying 50 at a time, and if he has so many issues with someone wanting one stinkin queen, he'll go back to the big guys.
    Chris Cree
    Cree's Bees

I just heard from one of their employees that there was a terrible accident this week and 2 people were killed (of their crew/family). I'm not sure how much they want me to relay as I'm just another customer, but I thought I should post it and let people know. I'm also waiting for a queen, but between the storm damage the last 2 years and this I can definitely understand how communication could suffer.

Duplicate post
    Last edited by kincade; 05-17-2012 at 05:58 PM.

That is a shame, seems thay have had bad luck all around. I'm sure we all wish the friends and families of those effected our condolences.

That said, it doesn't excuse past bad customer service.

I am willing to give a reasonable time to recover somewhat from this tragedy.

That said, a lot of people are waiting for their money back or product to be sent.
    Period.

"Right below the part of dates when queens start getting shipped it says the weather in unpretictable, and stuff changes. This is guy is nice enough to let us get queens without buying 50 at a time, and if he has so many issues with someone wanting one stinkin queen, he'll go back to the big guys. Chris Cree"

Chris, thank goodness I did not pay for 50 queens. My order was for a few more than one stinkin' queen however. But every dollar these days is importaint to many people. And the issue here is the lack of communication to folks who are left hanging with no answers, no product and empty pockets.
    Perhaps you would like to refund all us little guys and then Mr. Russell can just deal with the big dogs like you.
    Last edited by Lauri; 05-17-2012 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialkayme View Post

If you want to complain about how much productivity you lose from not having a queen for 30 days (or longer), PLEASE order from someone else. You will be happier, have more bees, and Russell won't have to deal with the complaints. If you instead want to increase your genetic gene pool, then use them for that. But don't confuse the two.

Kay ..do you really want to go there ? The 1st item was nuc's ..the 2nd was queens payed for 11 month in advance . Its that today ? The eye roll was a insult . Gene pool ? Are you for real ? Out of 20 nucs 2 lived . What gene pool ? Kiddie pool ? I bought other queens ...that's the end of it . Only thing i want now is a refund . Will i ever see a check from Bob ? If anybody out there wants 10 moonbeams and can wait until winter the price is 375 ,,including shipping . There's been 1000 hits on this page ..now the wife is going off . I said i had a trail . Shall i post the responses ,emails? Photos of the nucs ? All we are saying is we want our money back and other ppl that love him can deal with him . I said very clearly i would'nt go teenage face book . One more smart comment like that and i will . Here's the line in the sand boys . Make it right or i go you tube . The big dog is mad now . I'm clearly angry now , they have 2 days to contact me . There it is ,,,deal with it .

Out of 20 nucs 2 lived .
    Could be just as much beekeeper error as it is bad bees.

Only thing i want now is a refund .
    And the one thing this site CAN'T provide you.

I said very clearly i would'nt go teenage face book . One more smart comment like that and i will .
    So . . . let me get this straight . . . if I disagree with you, you will take it out on Russell's? I don't work there. I don't get paid by him. I'm not told to say anything, I'm just another customer. So . . . how does that make rational sense?

I'm clearly angry now , they have 2 days to contact me . There it is ,,,deal with it
    I'm sorry, but I find that humorous.

Why would you give them an ultimatum . . . at a site that the company refuses to visit? If you are going to give them an ultimatum, I suggest you do it in email, pm from their site, or forum on their site. That's what they use. Posting it on here would be like me writing in the sand on my front porch that Al-Quieta better not bomb NYC again . . . OR ELSE! The message won't get across.

But, if you are dis-satisfied, I suggest you request a refund . . . from the seller and not from random individuals on this site . . . and deal with what you got. Take it into consideration when you order in the future. I don't see how "going teenage face book" or "go you tube" will improve your situation . . .

OK..im a bit chilled now .
    Last edited by seal62; 05-18-2012 at 12:36 AM. Reason: i got my point across

Seal.

You clearly haven't chilled.

By my count, you have 11 separate questions. Let me try to address them one by one:

Do you work for this company ?
    No.

Did you bother to read my post ?
    I did. Not only did I read it, I quoted it.

Or ,,you just cherry pick the parts you like ...kinda like the bible ?
    I don't really know why you are bringing the bible into this . . . I don't really think that's the point of our discussion. Never have I quoted a bible verse on this site.

But no. I have not chosen to "cherry pick" the parts I like. Only reply to the pertinent parts of your constant ramblings that I thought was on topic.

Humorus ?
    Yes. I found your post humorous

So..i have to assume you speak for Bob ?
    I do not.

Do you?
    Please see above. As well as post number 32.

Ever buy a nuc with zero brood ?
    Nope. If you are insinuating that you have, I do not believe that you have either. A nuc with zero brood is not a nuc. It's a swarm. So if you bought a nuc with zero brood, you actually just overpaid for a swarm (or package) with drawn (possibly) comb. If you still think you have bought a nuc with zero brood, you got ripped off, and you should have inspected your nuc before driving away.

Ever drive 1000 miles one way to pick up nucs with zero brood ?
    If I said no to the question above, I obviously couldn't say yes to this question. Your questions are redundant.

Ohh on aug 8 , because of zero commo , ?
    Ah yes. The illusive "commo", I hate it when the "commo" comes out on August 8. Especially when it's zero!

But seeing you can speak without intel and are an employee, what other words of wisdom do you have for potential customers ?
    Please see above . . . again . . . I'm not an employee. But thank you for calling me unintelligent.

Proud southern woman ?
    I'm a man. So no. I'm not a proud southern woman. I believe you are confusing me with TwinkieBee.

Ya might wanna call your boy before you say anything else .
    Not a question, but I'll address it anyway.

I don't know where you think it's appropriate to bully individuals. Myself or russell's employees. I suggest you calm down and think hard about what you say before you accuse individuals of something.

I think you have some misdirected anger.

I'm forwarding a message sent to me from a Russell's employee. Names have been removed and replaced with initials.

"On Monday morning just before daylight a driver fell asleep at the wheel and crossed the median and struck one of our rigs that was moving hives from Oregon to Ohio. JM and his 14 year old son SM passed away on Tuesday evening in the hospital only 20 minutes apart. Doc is really tore up about it. We have all been here with his wife CM and their 11 year old daughter HM. Victoria . . . volunteered to stay behind and tackle all of the emails and calls by herself. A friend of Doc's that owns a large queen business in GA is sending his crews to step in for us to get this weeks and next weeks shipments out on Monday and Tuesday. Please pray for CM and their 11 year old daughter HM. We are still going to get their shipments out, we just couldn't leave this sweet family all alone during such a hard time. Thank-you."

post deleted- to have some regard for previous post.

Thanks to the crew stepping in to help.
    And again, condolences to those effected by the accident.
    Last edited by Lauri; 05-17-2012 at 07:46 PM.

We must have a harbor seal making all these threats. Please don't think a navy seal would have such poor contol of himself.

Is there a media link to the story?

I've searched but came up empty. Perhaps a link can be supplied as well.
    Regards, Barry

Doc has fallen on some hard times this year!
    https://www.facebook.com/stevesbees99
    Please visit my page, Thanks

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast