Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Long Creek Apiaries

18K views 33 replies 14 participants last post by  Grizbee 
#1 ·
:pinch: I ws a fool and never researched Long Creek Apiaries and placed an order for 1 package of Russian bees back in January of this year. They were to ship to me this week. I checked the site to see if shipping was still on schedule only to find he is out of business! eeek! Typing "long creek" into google brings up numerous complaints and now I feel like a fool. I left messages by email and phone but by the looks of other's luck I am probably 129.00 poorer, huh? Anyone have any suggestions for recourse here? I have a friend who is a good lawyer - worth it or no?
thanks - from now on I will check here first!
Kerri

#2 ·
Sorry to hear that. Some credit card companies will work with you, but I guess you sent a check, right? Ask you friend their thoughts. One package would not be worth my time fighting for, but that's me.

If you are just getting into beeking, the good news is that you did not want those mean, runny, swarming Russian bees anyway! ;)

#3 ·
Thank you for your reply. Yes, paid by check:-(
Learned my lesson the hard way I guess! Thankfully it is only 1 package for me - looks like others had it way worse.
Good to know you are not a fan of Russians (I guess - since I didn't get them anyway. lol) but I always heard they were better winter-ers and since we get tough winters here in Chardon, Ohio I thought I would give them a try!
Thanks again....
Kerri

#4 ·
If you do not get your package
I think this now falls under mail fraud, you can do something about it.
heres what i found and there is tons of other info

MAIL FRAUD

18 U.S.C. 1341, makes it a Federal crime or offense for anyone to use the United States mails in carrying out a scheme to defraud.

A person can be found guilty of that offense only if all of the following facts are proved: First: That the person knowingly and willfully devised a scheme to defraud, or for obtaining money or property by means of false pretenses, representations or promises; and Second: That the person used the United States Postal Service by mailing, or by causing to be mailed, some matter or thing for the purpose of executing the scheme to defraud

#6 ·
FYI TO ALL:
As of May 7, 2012, Long Creek Apiaries has now been placed on the Tennessee Division of Consumer Affairs 'BUYERS BEWARE LIST'.

"Companies that fail to respond to a notice that a complaint has been received by our office are placed on the Buyer Beware List for a period of three years from the date the complaint is closed."

link here:

BUYER BEWARE TENNESSEE

#7 ·
It is so sad he claims all his problems are the result of gm's.

Anyway, all the beeks that got the short end of the stick need to get together to take legal action. On package here, three there are not worth it but 100 people times 10 to 20 dollars per nuc or package should be enough to take some legal action and put a good judgment and lean on his assets. I personally would try to do so if I were one of those who got the shaft.

#8 ·
IN ADDITION, FROM TENNESSEE’S WEBSITE REGARDING THE BUYER BEWARE LIST GUIDELINES(above link from my previous post) IN PART:

What qualifies a business or individual to be listed on the Buyer Beware list?

1. A response was received but resolution was not provided as promised in writing. (The
Division, not the consumer, will make the determination if the business or individual did
not correct or address the complaint.)

2. A company or individual that appears to be conducting business without the required
license or registration to engage in such business or profession

3. Businesses and individuals may also be listed if legal proceedings are in process that
indicate suspicious activity.

#9 · (Edited)
Out of business??? GMO crops???

Check out this new website:
LONG CREEK APIARIES.AMBZ.COM

From the website:
"Long Creek Apiaries has been in the farming business for over 5 years. We are proud to be a guaranteed resource for quality farming services at low prices. Our experienced farmers are skilled in raising healthy live stock, pasteurization, agriculture and more. We invite you to visit us today and see for yourself why our farm is so special".

"About Us:"
"Long Creek Apiaries is dedicated to providing Parrottsville , TN with the freshest and best quality farming services available."
"Give us a call at (423)623-2345 for more information or stop by and take a tour of our beautiful farm!
  • Honey Bees
  • Sales of Bees
  • Packaged Bees
  • Queen Bees
  • Individual & Commercial Sales"

"Additional Info:"
"When you choose Long Creek Apiaries you are not only choosing a farming company, you are choosing a team that is fully dedicated to providing quality livestock, dairy, and produce at great prices."

#18 ·
Well my situation has a HAPPY ENDING! David mailed me a refund check and I got it today. He left a message on my answering machine and let me know he mailed the check over the weekend and I got it today. I wanted to let everyone know - perhaps things are not as dire as once thought which is great news!

#26 ·
Ed, take a look at Beebeetle's location (upper right of each message): Los Alamos NM. Beemaster01 is in TN. So are you really suggesting that not only is Beebeetle posing as someone else, but is also faking his location?

And this is simply because of the timing of his joining Beesource and his choice of initial threads to comment on? I humbly suggest that you really need more evidence than that to hang a man.

#29 · (Edited)
Well, I don't mind admitting that I was wrong about Beebeetle's identity. :pinch:

But I don't feel bad about defending an apparent new member from attacks on his integrity/identity simply based on the 4 comments he made.

On the plus side, Beebeetle has provided a nice illustration of what a banned member's name looks like. :D

Beesource members should keep in mind that at the time of this post, Beemaster01's membership status is still active (not banned). FYI, Forum rules that all members agreed to include "that you will not use the Beesource Beekeeping Forums to post any material which is knowingly false ..." Hmmm ...

#31 ·
Long Creek Apiaries: Will we ever see our REFUNDS?

I thought I would wake a sleeping bear, David do you ever think that you are going to repay what you owe to me and many others? You have stated many times how you are going to repay all in full. You are saying that Long Creek Apiaries is out of business, does that mean you are washing your hands of all responsability to all the hard working Beeks that sent their money to you, believing they would receive package bees? I wonder if you have a problem waking every day,and facing the fact that good hard working Beeks have nothing to show for their hard earned money. Personally I'm looking for around a $900 refund. I'll bet you have that in your checking account...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.