Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Long Creek Apiaries

I ws a fool and never researched Long Creek Apiaries and placed an order for 1 package of Russian bees back in January of this year. They were to ship to me this week. I checked the site to see if shipping was still on schedule only to find he is out of business! eeek! Typing "long creek" into google brings up numerous complaints and now I feel like a fool. I left messages by email and phone but by the looks of other's luck I am probably 129.00 poorer, huh? Anyone have any suggestions for recourse here? I have a friend who is a good lawyer - worth it or no?
    thanks - from now on I will check here first!
    Kerri

Default Re: Long Creek Apiaries

Sorry to hear that. Some credit card companies will work with you, but I guess you sent a check, right? Ask you friend their thoughts. One package would not be worth my time fighting for, but that's me.

If you are just getting into beeking, the good news is that you did not want those mean, runny, swarming Russian bees anyway!

Thank you for your reply. Yes, paid by check:-(
    Learned my lesson the hard way I guess! Thankfully it is only 1 package for me - looks like others had it way worse.
    Good to know you are not a fan of Russians (I guess - since I didn't get them anyway. lol) but I always heard they were better winter-ers and since we get tough winters here in Chardon, Ohio I thought I would give them a try!
    Thanks again....
    Kerri

Quote Originally Posted by klbowden View Post
    I ws a fool and never researched Long Creek Apiaries and placed an order for 1 package of Russian bees back in January of this year. They were to ship to me this week. I checked the site to see if shipping was still on schedule only to find he is out of business! eeek! Typing "long creek" into google brings up numerous complaints and now I feel like a fool. I left messages by email and phone but by the looks of other's luck I am probably 129.00 poorer, huh? Anyone have any suggestions for recourse here? I have a friend who is a good lawyer - worth it or no?
    thanks - from now on I will check here first!
    Kerri
    If you do not get your package
    I think this now falls under mail fraud, you can do something about it.
    heres what i found and there is tons of other info

MAIL FRAUD

18 U.S.C. 1341, makes it a Federal crime or offense for anyone to use the United States mails in carrying out a scheme to defraud.

A person can be found guilty of that offense only if all of the following facts are proved: First: That the person knowingly and willfully devised a scheme to defraud, or for obtaining money or property by means of false pretenses, representations or promises; and Second: That the person used the United States Postal Service by mailing, or by causing to be mailed, some matter or thing for the purpose of executing the scheme to defraud

Wasn't the thread on this business closed already since they are out of business?

Exclamation Re: Long Creek Apiaries

FYI TO ALL:
    As of May 7, 2012, Long Creek Apiaries has now been placed on the Tennessee Division of Consumer Affairs 'BUYERS BEWARE LIST'.

"Companies that fail to respond to a notice that a complaint has been received by our office are placed on the Buyer Beware List for a period of three years from the date the complaint is closed."

link here:

BUYER BEWARE TENNESSEE

It is so sad he claims all his problems are the result of gm's.

Anyway, all the beeks that got the short end of the stick need to get together to take legal action. On package here, three there are not worth it but 100 people times 10 to 20 dollars per nuc or package should be enough to take some legal action and put a good judgment and lean on his assets. I personally would try to do so if I were one of those who got the shaft.

IN ADDITION, FROM TENNESSEE’S WEBSITE REGARDING THE BUYER BEWARE LIST GUIDELINES(above link from my previous post) IN PART:

What qualifies a business or individual to be listed on the Buyer Beware list?

1. A response was received but resolution was not provided as promised in writing. (The
    Division, not the consumer, will make the determination if the business or individual did
    not correct or address the complaint.)

2. A company or individual that appears to be conducting business without the required
    license or registration to engage in such business or profession

3. Businesses and individuals may also be listed if legal proceedings are in process that
    indicate suspicious activity.

Out of business??? GMO crops???

Check out this new website:
    LONG CREEK APIARIES.AMBZ.COM

From the website:
    "Long Creek Apiaries has been in the farming business for over 5 years. We are proud to be a guaranteed resource for quality farming services at low prices. Our experienced farmers are skilled in raising healthy live stock, pasteurization, agriculture and more. We invite you to visit us today and see for yourself why our farm is so special".

"About Us:"
    "Long Creek Apiaries is dedicated to providing Parrottsville , TN with the freshest and best quality farming services available."
    "Give us a call at (423)623-2345 for more information or stop by and take a tour of our beautiful farm!
    • Honey Bees
    • Sales of Bees
    • Packaged Bees
    • Queen Bees
    • Individual & Commercial Sales"

"Additional Info:"
    "When you choose Long Creek Apiaries you are not only choosing a farming company, you are choosing a team that is fully dedicated to providing quality livestock, dairy, and produce at great prices."
    Last edited by riverbee1; 05-08-2012 at 11:58 AM. Reason: additional info

Phone numbers are the same on both websites. He looks to be out of business to me.

Just called the number on the web site. Asked if this was the same Long creek that was listed on the buyers beware list and he said it was. (sounds honest to me)

Quote Originally Posted by rtoney View Post
    Just called the number on the web site. Asked if this was the same Long creek that was listed on the buyers beware list and he said it was. (sounds honest to me)
    send him a check, you're just what he's looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by riverbee1 View Post
    Out of business??? GMO crops???

Check out this new website:
    LONG CREEK APIARIES.AMBZ.COM
    This web site does not exist. Why would anyone put a fake web address on here?

This website did exist. He obviously just took it down!
    Regards, Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    This website did exist. He obviously just took it down!
    Maybe the owner of Long Creek will post here and let us know!

Yeah, maybe he will.
    Regards, Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Yeah, maybe he will.
    naawwwww, certainly not!!!

Well my situation has a HAPPY ENDING! David mailed me a refund check and I got it today. He left a message on my answering machine and let me know he mailed the check over the weekend and I got it today. I wanted to let everyone know - perhaps things are not as dire as once thought which is great news!

I go down to my mailbox everyday for the past 3 years looking for my check, WHERES MY CHECK?

I think it's still "in the mail!"
    Regards, Barry