Default I have a laying queen but......?

Apparently, I have a laying queen. I hope its not a laying worker. I am certain that my Aussie (Italian) queen was released April 20. Today is May 6th. All the advice I was told was to wait two weeks and see. Due to my inexperience, I was unable to see the eggs the queen laid but now they are clearly visible as larva. I'm very excited. However, I noticed a least 3 queen cells which are uncapped at the moment but do have larva. The biggest one is almost in the middle of the picture. Here are my questions:

1. Why are the bees making a new queen? Do they think that the Aussie import queen is not healthy in some way?

2. I only have two frames in this hive. One is honey and one is brood. There are many bees on the 2 frames. Should I let them swarm and try to catch the swarm.

3. Should I eliminate these queen cells ASAP?

4. Is my enthusiasm warranted or do I have a laying worker laying drones?
    I have enclosed a picture of the brood frame for reference.

qncels562012.jpg

Default Re: I have a laying queen but......?

Do they think that the Aussie import queen is not healthy in some way?
    Probably

Should I let them swarm and try to catch the swarm.
    They probably will not swarm with that few bees but-----

3. Should I eliminate these queen cells ASAP?
    NO
    Ed, KA9CTT profanity is IGNORANCE made audible
    you can`t fix stupid not even with duct tape

you have more then a total of 2 frames ,right ?? you mean the bees are only on 2 frames but there are more frames ??? if not put more in because even with 2 frames and no place to expand to ,, they will feel crowded and ether take off or swarm

It sounds and looks like a supercedure instead of a swarm. The bees sense something amiss with their queen and have decided to replace her. I would let them.

The hive that I have the bees in is a Tanzanian TBH. I've been trying to get the bees to draw comb on Top Bars placed next to the frames. They did draw a nice little comb on one of the top bars but they are not using it because I think it too far away from the brood frame. Anyway, I need to get some consistency going in this hive so I just ordered 10 standard Langstroth deep frames with foundation. As soon as I get them I'll put a couple in the hive and wait and see what they do.