Got my packages today. Didn't get any sleep at all last night so I gave up trying at six AM and drove up to get them. I was so tired when I got home that I all I could manage was to set the packages in the hives and then pass out until the afternoon. Managed to wake up by 5 Pm and start installing. First queen escaped while I was trying to replace the cork with marshmallow but I caught her in my hand and tossed her down into the hive where she quickly burrowed down into the mass of bees. All the other installs went as planned. I have baggie feeders in all hives in addition to entrance feeders (I know, I know but there are what I had) in case its too cold for them to find the entrance feeder for a couple days.
Its been a couple hours now and all seems to have settled down, only a few dozen bees left in the packages.
Planning on checking the queens in a couple days. I'm going foundationless so I want to be sure and get the cages out before they screw up the comb.
One interesting thing, the hive where did the accidental direct release is much more active than the other. It has about three times as many bees at the entrance and the feeder is full of bees, the other hives haven't even found theres yet.
This was my second install and my first time doing more than one at a time, it was pretty fun. I just wore a veil, no gloves. Managed to pick up a sting on my forearm but that was all.