Default when can you harvest honey from your hive ?

I have heard about the spring honey flow the fall flow , could anyone simplify this for me I live in the northeast and have been beekeeping for 4 years I have had my newbee mistakes and I think have gotten the hang of it with the help of this site .When should I take the honey from them?

Default Re: when can you harvest honey from your hive ?

Down here in the middle of the country I like to pull my honey by the first part of Sept. may be a bit earlier for you. Then let them back fill with fall nectar.
    Mike Forbes
    Red Dirt Apiaries

In the north east everything made up until mid july would be considered early with the rest of the year would be called late. normally the early is lighter honey which gets a better price. some beekeepers only extract in the fall but this depends on how many hives you have. there is no correct way, just depends on how you want to do it.

Freon i'll be taking some honey but not all in a few more days and then again aug or sept.depends on the weather and the bees,thats about three weeks earlier than normal this year.just have to leave plenty for the bees in case theres a dearth come summer or you'll be feeding