Default honey in brude box

I put a 2nd deep burde box on 3 of my hives in hopes to rase more bees. They seem they think it is for honey. There is brude but a lot of honey and they are not putting much honey in the med. super on top. I have even robed a couple of frames for my honey. If i locate the queen and put her in the bottom, put on a queen exc. between the two deeps, will the bees clean up the cone after the bees hatch and fill it with honey?
    Last edited by SunnyBee; 05-02-2012 at 03:11 PM.

Default Re: honey in brude box

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyBee View Post
    I put a 2nd deep burde box on 3 of my hives in hopes to rase more bees. They seem ti think it is for honey.
    The bees don't care whether your woodenware is deeps, mediums or a mixture. Why would you expect otherwise?

I'm not in Florida, but it seems to me that if you wanted to grow more bees, the time to have started that process in Florida would have been earlier in the year.
    ultracrepidarian >> noting or pertaining to a person who criticizes, judges, or gives advice outside of his expertise

The bees don't see things the way you and I do. If there is room, they use it any way they wish. Honey above pollen above brood, usually.
    Mark Berninghausen "That which works, persists."

"If i locate the queen and put her in the bottom, put on a queen exc. between the two deeps, will the bees clean up the cone after the bees hatch and fill it with honey? "
    yes!

To follow Max... but you won't be raising more bees that way (expanding the brood chamber)
    Mike Forbes
    Red Dirt Apiaries