Default What can I do with this?

Hello all interested, Just received my shipment of bees and this is what was left me by UPS....what can I do?

Well, can't post a picture - but the 3lb box has about 200-300 bees left alive (layer a bit over 2" deep of dead bees) and the queen and some workers placed with her in the small box are all dead as well....

It's probably too late to think about getting another package? So much for 2012?

Thanks,
    BClemens

Default Re: What can I do with this?

Personally, the first thing I would do is speak with the person who shipped them to you. If a claim is going to have to be filed with UPS they will have to be the ones to do it. Plus, if they are a regular seller of packages, I'd bet that this isn't the first time they've encountered something like this and they can tell you what your options are.

Brian

Having a tough time getting a response from the shipper - did finally and tells me to make the UPS claim. Options with dead bees....! But Yes, I know what you mean....

Thanks Brian,

BClemens

I personally don't think Brown will do squat, but I would make the UPS driver sign a damage decleration on the UPS paperwork from the package. Then contact your supplier and talk with him. He has likely fought this same battle before and if so he already knows where the land mines are buried.
    Scrapfe---Never believe anything in politics until it has been officially denied.--Otto von Bismarck.

Well, the shipper has already gotten hard nosed with me about his dead bees. Like it's my fault.....I guess I'm out a chunk of money....almost as if this was sort-of orchestrated - like it's a way this guy makes money... He was also able to get PayPal to drop my claim... Did I find myself a crook?

Dang it!

Who's the hard nosed shipper?
    Regards, Barry

At this point, we would like to see what this guy does....then I will give names. So far, my wife and I are out the money that we gave this bee professional for a package of bees. Problem is, we have also spent hundreds preparing for their arrival.....hundreds! We are sick about this - ready to throw in the towel already!

OK, we see what this guy is all about and it has nothing to do with fairness or bees - he's a crook.

He sent us dead bees, even a dead queen. Now he is stonewalling us with making a claim to UPS - who isn't going to do a damned thing and he knows it. He basically screwed my wife and me out of the money for a package of bees. His name is Jerry Mattiaccio of www.rockhillhoneybeefarms-inc. He will skin you and has all of the avenues covered to be successful doing it. His email is intercrime2@yahoo.com - now isn't that ironic!

If it were me, I would drive a bit and pick-up a nuc. DC Bees should be having some soon. there might be others closer as well. Is there a "local" club within an hours drive or so?

Sorry to hear about your troubles, that is a bummer.
    Mike Forbes
    Red Dirt Apiaries

This discussion has been moved to here: http://www.beesource.com/forums/show...oney-Bee-Farms
    Regards, Barry