Default Dadant bee suit?

How good are Dadant bee suit? I can't afford a golden bee suit? So for around 80.00 where can I get a good suit? Thanks for your response.

Default Re: Dadant bee suit?

I have a Dadant jacket with the zippered hood. I have no problems with it at all. The hood has a doubled layer around the back of the head. I've pulled stingers out but never felt a sting. So far the zippers are holding up well. It's a bit heavy...slightly hot in the sun. But a little sweat beats stings. The only thing I wish it had was the thumb elastic to prevent sleaves from pulling up when I put on my gloves. I just have to be a little more careful. I'd buy another.

I love my Dadant suit with Cricket hood. I can see out the sides with no problem. I feel very protected in it. I also have the jacket and hood which I use for little jobs. I'm thinking of getting the Breeze suit though since it is a bit hot to be in the suit for an hour when it's 85 outside. Can't imagine when it's 95. I like the Dadant better then the Mann Lake stuff because of the flap that goes over the zipper on the hood and the huge Mann Lake patch. The flap makes sure no bees get into a zipper that is open a tiny bit.

IMHO
    Disclaimer: I know enough to know I don't know anything yet.

For first half-dozen years I kept bees I just wore a veil, jeans and an old white shirt. Didn't want spend money on a suit that I would later replace with a "better" one. Eventually I got an UltraBreeze jacket/hood combo. It was worth the wait.