Default Installed Package Today

I am so excited...this is probably the only place I can share my excitement and people will understand. This is my first year beekeeping and I bought a nuc in March that is doing well, they have taught me so much and I have really enjoyed my bees. I received my package today (the mailman delivered it to my doorstep, which I was surprised about). I am a midwife to humans by trade, so I understand the anxiety and excitement associated with birth, but I never realized that I would feel the same when my bees were delivered to me.

I read extensively, watched every post in this forum and prayed a lot before I installed my package. It went off without a hitch, thanks to all the wise words and encouragement from this community.

I wanted to thank everyone for sharing their wisdom and hope that I can be an encouragement to others in the future. Honestly, installing my bees was much ado about nothing...they did what they were supposed to do and I didn't do anything stupid.....

Keep the great posts coming.....I absorb every bit of this information....

Sincere gratitude-
    From a larvae beekeeper

Default Re: Installed Package Today

Glad everything went well for you. I got 2 packages in the mail on Saturday. I had expected a phone call in the morning to go get them. However, I found the postman waiting to deliver my packages to me when I opened the front door.

Enjoy your first year beekeeping and keep us posted on your progress.
    Nick Hubbell
    www.findlaybee.com

Awesome!! Glad to hear all went well.

BTW we had our last two kiddos at home with a midwife, best thing we ever did!
    Mike Forbes
    Red Dirt Apiaries

It is so great to watch these girls on a mission....if only we as humans worked as hard and with such purpose.

Awesome! I love to hear wonderful stories about peaceful births with midwives who love the mother and the baby! I find that beekeeping is like delivering babies....learning to wait and keep your hands off is valuable in both!

Congrats to you We installed 2 packages today as well Was simple, and easy enough....just had a little mishap with queen cage, but think it's going to be ok.

While building the hive area, fence, ect, we felt like we were preparing for babies as well

Yippee!!

I installed my first package today as well. Went great. I did learn not to drop the queen cage into the package! That added some additional excitement!