Default Help need info on new queen

I have 4 queens that came in, weather is not cooperating with me to split my hives. I have one queen cage were all but one worker is dead. Will this queen survive eating out all the candy and releasing herself or am i screwed on her.

what can i do to make sure she gets out.

Default Re: Help need info on new queen

She doesn't eat herself out, the outside bees eat her out. When did they ship and get to you? Have you been giving them a drop of water each day? That helps them digest the sugar candy. Keep them dark and cool helps too. Get her in a split ASAP and she will probably be OK.

Johnny
    "Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." - Mark Twain

uggh i got them in 4 days ago and its been raining since. I am going to attempt to put this particular queen in the split today. I was worrying that she would not make it. Will the hive feed her if the worker that is left dies?

well I just got back in installed the queen in the split. Got nailed boy are they pissy today from the weather! sheesh. But she's in there and hope she lives long enough to get out.

Any rate, i have to split three more hives out, and i am not looking forward to it. today is not great, tomorrow is isoalted thunderstorms and wed is sunny.