Question Newly Installed Warre - Possible robbing?

Help… I may have a problem…
    Out of curiosity I walked out to the beehives tonight to see if there was any action at the entrance (after dark, about 9:00 pm). To my surprise, the bees are bearding around the entrance of the hive. I didn’t expect this because its not hot outside tonight (mid 60′s).
    Then I noticed there were a lot of dead bees in front of the hive. Looks like it could be a hundred. Could this be robbing? Here are some notes on the hives:
    *Both of my hives are being top fed from the inside with 1:1 sugar water.
    *The hive with the bearding on the entrance and dead bees in front was started with a package last Tuesday… I guess it would be considered a weak hive. The other hive was started with a 5-frame nuc.
    *I picked up a few of the dead bees and a lot of them look like drones.

Is it possible that the nuc-started hive is robbing the package started hive?
    Or are the package bees just forcing out the drones to conserve resources?

Here is a pic of the hive entrance:
    https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B8d...TNJYWs3VjJnVkE

And here are the dead bees in front:
    https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B8d...XMtUEtIVWU3Z1k

Default Re: Newly Installed Warre - Possible robbing?

That is hardly the hint of bearding... serious bearding will cover the whole front of the hive.

That is not a lot of dead bees. You have some bare ground and they are more obvious. Bees are dying constantly of old age.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Thanks for the reply Michael... I am brand new to beekeeping - just got the bees on April 23rd... Just wanted to be sure I didn't need to fix something.

It is always worth watching the entrance to make sure they aren't robbing. Robbers are frantic and there is usually fighting. But from what I can see in the picture my guess is things are fine.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

There are always an amount of dead bees in a package. When you dump the bees in, the dead fall in, too. They're probably just cleaning house.