Default Home made HBH question

I've searched on this and have waded through a lot of the same recipes. My question is what are the consequences of using as direct feed? Will the bees not take it? Will it kill them? If so which oil causes the problem or is it both.

Default Re: Home made HBH question

Tim I don't know mich about hbh. I just wanted to say thanks for your help with the gas tank cutout(even though they all flew away). I bought a package from simpsons bees in georgia and they seem to be doing great very docile anyway thanks again

Default Re: Home made HBH question

I think I answered my own question I put the straight mix on them Saturday afternoon, I checked it about 1:00 pm Sunday and they had not taken any of it. I mixed up a batch of Sugar and water only put it on and by 5:00 they had already taken half of it.

Glad to hear your package is doing well. Are you using frames with foundation or are you trying foundation less? The Nuc I have is all foundation they have not drawn very quick, and I found a hatched queen cell on one of the frames that I did not notice when I put them in. Crossing my fingers on them. The complete hive I have is mixed with foundation and foundation less I took a super of honey from them last weekend and left a strip of comb on the frame and they seem to be drawing it pretty fast.