Default Stainless Steel Settling/Bottling Tanks, hobbyist size

Once again, newbie here.

Am looking for a stainless steel settling/bottling tank that is of appropriate size for someone with 2-3 hives.

There are USA made settling/bottling vessels that are stainless, but they are sized more appropriately for commercial operations.

In Europe they have 25kg, ( 55 pounds or 4.6 gals) and 35kg (77 pounds or 6.4 gals) stainless tanks under the CMF name made by Carl Fritz.
    These sizes seem perfect for a small time hobbyist like me who may only be spinning a couple of medium supers at a sitting.

Does anyone know of any domestic sources for these or similar items?

Thanks,

(I know, I know, that plastic buckets & gates are much more economical and won't dent, etc. But I just don't like plastic, particularly when dealing with
    food and/or stuff that can be tough to clean.)
    Zone 4a-4b
    Hives at 1,600'

Default Re: Stainless Steel Settling/Bottling Tanks, hobbyist size

I bought 2 30 gal SS stock tanks and punched hole in side wall near the bottom for a 1-1/2" honey gate valve. Works great and saved $, of course you would not need a tank that big but same principal.

Check the home brewery sites. I found one there that works with my maple syrup. Might work for honey, bit I haven't harvested any yet.

I have a thirty five gallon stainless settling tank that I bought from Mann Lake, check there. A settling tank makes life so much easier for the hobbyist.

Quote Originally Posted by Vance G View Post
    I have a thirty five gallon stainless settling tank that I bought from Mann Lake, check there. A settling tank makes life so much easier for the hobbyist.
    Thanks, I just checked Mann Lake. They appear to have nice units. But smallest is 9 gal, (50kg, 100 lbs). Still a bit big for our use.
    We only have two hives. So most I would be pulling at any time would be two med supers or about 60lbs.

The Europeans offer 25kg & 35kg sizes which would be ideal. Called Mann Lake and they are going to see if they can get a size smaller
    than the 50kg. Thanks for the heads up.
    Zone 4a-4b
    Hives at 1,600'

Have found that I do way better at bottling honey if my "tank" is only about 1/3 full. Opening and closing the gate makes it drip if it's too full. Must be my el-cheapo plastic bucket and gate. Looked at food-grade ball valves (gasp).

Wish I could afford something nice.
    Internet credibility is an oxymoron

9 gallons for two hives is not really that much honey. It's quite possible you will make more than two supers. Having a little bigger bottling tank than you need may come in handy one day.

http://OxaVap.com Your source for the Varrox Mite Killing
    OA Vaporizer "One of the highest ranked" by R. Oliver