Default The scent of a different hive (Queen cage)

I got my first queen rearing kit from Mannlake after failing in grafting. The instruction says to put the empty cage in the hive a few days before capturing the queen and putting her inside the cage. As hard as I tried I could not find her and gave up using that hive. So I started looking for a queen in a different hive and easily found her. I know I can't put her in a different hive. So I put her in the cage and put her back into her hive (not the one I was planning on using)The cage with the cell cups now have the scent of a different hive but the queen is in her own hive. Is there a problem putting the queen in the cage that has been in a different hive, different scent ? Will she not lay in the cups because of that? She is in her own hive.

Default Re: The scent of a different hive (Queen cage)

Shouldn't be a problem.
    44 years, been commercial, outfits up to 4000 hives, now 120 hives and 200 nucs as a hobby, selling bees. T (mostly).

Its been 3 days since I put the queen in and what I thought were larvae turned out to bee eggs. I already removed the cell onto the bar and put it in the cell builder hive. I read in here that they will remove the eggs? Is this correct? Any chance they will let them hatch and raise some queens?

If your cell raiser is set up correctly they will raise them, although maybe not all of them.
    44 years, been commercial, outfits up to 4000 hives, now 120 hives and 200 nucs as a hobby, selling bees. T (mostly).

Out of the 20 cells it looks like only two have royal jelly in it. Will try again and this time make sure they hatched.