Default What Bee Magazines do you get?

I see that there is a "Bee Culture" magazine and "American Bee Journal". Which of these magazines do you like? Are there other bee magazines that you subscribe to?

Default Re: What Bee Magazines do you get?

I take both ABJ and Bee Culture. ABJ is the more technical of the two and more likely to have articles that challenge me to understand what they are talking about. Bee Culture seems to be targeted more toward backyard beekeepers (hobbyists) - Editor Kim Flottum is active in EAS, blogs regularly, and sometimes posts to BEE-L.

In the past I subscribed to BeeCraft, but I found that I didn't spend that much time with it.
    Master Beekeeper (EAS) and Master Gardener (U Maine CE) www.beeberrywoods.com

Magazines.....ah yes...I remember those....funny papery things that used to come in that.....lets see what did we call it? ah yes..A "Male Box"

Love them both.

I enjoy being able to look at articles and hold them in my hands verses a computer screen. I might be walking by and pick one up because it caught my eye. It is a "MAIL" box computers will be the death of us all! I like Bee culture personally.

I get both also. I personally like ABJ, Probably I actually made it into an article Bee Culture does come in a physical and digital format.

>Which of these magazines do you like?

I get and like them both. I find more treatment free stuff in Bee Culture. I find more scientific studies etc. in ABJ. I like the editorial bent of Bee Culture better since Kim got off the treatment band wagon.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Bee Culture

Thanks guys! I will subscribe to both and see what I think.

I don't get either... I buy subscriptions as gifts for family members and then take them back when they throw them out

Quite honestly they are geared more for commercial operations and like any other mag these days are full of ads. Joining the local bee club and attending their guest speaker meetings is a much better way to spend 25.00 in my opinion.

Both mags are usually available at the local college library.