Default swarm season hits all at once

Everything here seems to be running a month early this year. I was at a beekeepers meeting last Saturday and people were talking about all the swarm calls that they have been getting this year. I commented that I had only gotton one on Sunday a week ago,pretty nice swarm(but thats a different story). So yesterday I got a call about doing some cut outs at an apartment complex. They had 2 seperate hives set up in between the floor joists. After I left there I got a swarm call and went after it.On the way home from there I got another and picked it up. Got up this morning and got a cutout call and on the way home I got 2 swarm calls.I went and got both of them and when I got home I sat them out and while I was doing that I got another call.went and picked them up right after dark and when I got home my wife said I had another call while I was out! I've picked up 6 in 2 days and have 3 cutout jobs.I cant wait to get up tommorow.

Default Re: swarm season hits all at once

Aren't you lucky, we never have swarms here in B.C this early, usually towards June.

That sounds sweet. It has been busy in South Texas too. i have a quick question. What do you do with the bees from the cutouts? How to you colonize them? I am desperate for some advice since I do cutouts also and have not mastered making them into separate hives.

I usually use a bee vac on cutouts and I will take some of the brood comb and wire it or rubber band it into some frames so that when I get back to the house I can sit the box with the bees on top of the box with the brood and let them do their thing. I have been pretty sucessful at saving my bees from cutouts.