Default How long does it take for a package to make comb?

This is my second year, got two 3# packages today (got stung inside my nose by the way)! Last year my bees were installed on drawn comb. This year, I am using beeswax foundation.

So I'm curious, does anybody know how long it takes a package of bees to create comb or fill a 10-frame deep hive?
    "Tart words make no friends; a spoonful or honey will catch more flies than a gallon of vinegar." - Benjamin Franklin

Default Re: How long does it take for a package to make comb?

I Just started keeping bees. Got my 3lb pound packages on March 31st. I just check on the hives and they are workign on there 7th frame in a 10 frame hive.

So depending on the temperature and the Queen getting settled. I think I am looking about 1 month or a 1 month 1 week to add another hive body from installation!

Thanks is my guess

Quote Originally Posted by Zib View Post
    So depending on the temperature and the Queen getting settled. I think I am looking about 1 month or a 1 month 1 week to add another hive body from installation!
    Hi Zib, thanks for the response. That's exactly what I wanted to hear! The temperature up here in MI has been fluxuating, so I'll bet in two months my bees will have two deeps built. Looks like no honey from them this year.
    "Tart words make no friends; a spoonful or honey will catch more flies than a gallon of vinegar." - Benjamin Franklin

zib are u using beeswax foundation

BugBoy - No Problem Like I said it is my first year. From what i have seen and been told they will draw alot of comb one week and the next not much. It is based on the space they need for storage and brood space!

Quote Originally Posted by mrqb View Post
    zib are u using beeswax foundation
    Yes I am!