Default Foundationless frames

Is W. Kelly the company that offers FL frames I am not sure I am happy with their new design on the end bars.

Default Re: Foundationless frames

I have been experimenting with making my own FL frames from wedge top and solid or grooved bottoms from Mann Lake frames. Takes a little longer because of the inch of starter strip of foundation that I put under the wedged top. In addition, they are all deeps so I wire them to ensure there strength. I have been happy with the frames and haven't seen any crossed come yet, Toes and fingers crossed

When I've used wedge frames for foundationless, I just turned them edgewise and fastened it with three staples.
    Deeps get strung tightly with monofilament fish line to support them the first year until the wax well anchored and not so soft.
    Mediums don't need it, usually.

Wedge style frames work just fine as foundationless frames. No need to buy special ones, either the bees will use the protruding wedge as a guide (or the taper) or they won't.

A buddy of mine is using the Kelley foundationless frames on a swarm, I'll let you know how they work.

Peter