Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Experience with Jonathen Blankenship in Visalia, CA (Bee Broker)

19K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  jbeshearse 
#1 ·
:(We had Jonathen contact us in Dec - Jan about sending hives to California for almond pollination. He kept calling and telling us how it would be good money and he would take care of everyting. We got a signed contract and shipped 2 truck loads out. When the hives got their he could not get them unloaded. Finally got the first load unloaded after several hours. Said he was happy with the loads. After the bees got there we never heard anything from him. never returned our calls. He did return a few text messages. We flew out to check out the hives could not find him or the hives, only a few in the holding yard. We paid for the shipping and loading of hives. Now its April and Jonathen is nowhere to be found. We havent received any payment or phone calls. Finally got ours bees back.
We checked with the orchards and they said they have paid him.
Just wanted to let other beekeepers know so they would not have the same problems or if anyone has had any experince working with him.

#6 ·
Another broker you may try is Larry Pender of Jubilee Honey Company in Camarillo, California. The members of the Ojai Valley Beekeepers Association have had pleasant experience with him so far. A long-time beekeeper who is known to spill the beans on guys like Blankenship uses Larry Pender for almond contracts. He has not said anything bad about Mr. Pender. (805) 302-5430.

#7 ·
Can anyone here tell me how I could get a hold of Tom Laury, Fresno? I have tried calling, PM, and emailing, but have not been able to contact him and he has not returned any of my calls. I talked to him several times this fall, but nothing lately. Any one have any experiences with Tom. PM me please. Thanks Rod

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.