Exclamation How bad is this...

Well, my first package in a while. Installed it in a deep with drawn out frames and hung the queen cage inside. Put a hivetop feeder on FULL and it's about gone (Installed bees Saturday).

My mistake... I forgot to remove the cork from the Queen Cage. There is a queen and several attendant bees. What is my next step? They've been installed for 3 1/2 days now. Should I go remove the cork and let it go for a few more days, or just release the queen at the end of the week (or sooner)?? Is this a BAD Mistake?

Bob
    Maine Busy Bee Apiary & Family Farm
    Jay, Maine

Default Re: How bad is this...

would just relase within the next couple of days leaving the cork in really shouldnt have caused any problems often you have to release them from the cage even when you do remove the cork.

After 4 days I replace the cork with a miniature marshmallow. They will eat through that in a matter of hours. No problem.
    President, San Francisco Beekeepers Association
    www.habitatforhoneybees.org

By now you can probably direct release her safely.... just be real careful to keep the opening facing down into the hive, or she might just as easily fly away. Do NOT ask me how I know!
    Regards,
    Steven
    "If all you have is a hammer, the whole world is a nail." - A.H. Maslow