Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Aaargh! Nuc supplier backed out

7K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  KQ6AR 
#1 ·
I ordered a nuc from a local guy back in January. They were coming from MS from, according to him, and good supplier. 2 weeks ago he pushed the date from April 14 to April 25. Called again last night to make sure everything was a go for Wed and he told me the supplier backed out on him. He said he was making nucs from package bees from Dadant. I'm not sure I want to spend $130 on a nuc from package bees that have been in the nuc for 2 weeks. Fortunately for me I ordered another nuc from another place that is still going to deliver this weekend.

I do have a line on a cut-out about 45 mins away that is in a garage and should be easy to do. I might just tell the guy to sod off on his package bee nucs. Not really sure what else to do at this point.

#5 ·
I'm in the same boat as Adam, but that is because we are getting our bees from the same place :lpf:

It is incredibly depressing. I had just finished building and getting all my equipment ready, and now I have to wait an extra month to get the bees.

You should see if the guy will give you a discount on the packaged nucs.

#7 ·
I e-mailed Kevin to see if he still had bees for sale. I also e-mailed the coop in Cape Breton because I heard they have decent bees. I also e-mailed Joanne asking if there were any beekeepers that still had nucs for sale. I haven't heard back from anybody.

If I could find somewhere that could get me bees earlier, I might end up getting them in addition to the ones I will be now getting in June. I wouldn't mind starting with a couple more hives than originally planned.

#13 ·
I called Dadant this morning and they had one lone unclaimed package for pick-up Friday. There is someone local going to pick up her packages and will pick mine up as well. $90. It'll be interesting to see how the package compares to the other nuc that will be here Saturday.

#14 ·
yea I'm going to be looking for split or 2 for my self its going to be my first year next summer and I'm looking forward to it its been way more expensive then i figured so far and i still don't have a smoker or a veil the veil I'm not worried about it but i definitely will be looking into getting a smoker even if its a second hand one i was talking to one one the bee farms in the valley her and its 175$ for a nuc definitely not going to be going that rout so if any one wants t help me out contact me

out of context I'm going to be looking into starting a group to help each other out for example say one person looses his colonies the other members could help in resolving the problem and even perhaps help rebuild hes colonies

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.