Thread: Help

Default Help

I am new to this sight and I'm also new to bee keeping. I have read alot on beehives and I do have a question, do I put frames with wax foundations in both the hive body and the honey supers. I will have two hive bodies then the queen excluder, med super then do I put on a inner cover and then the next super then an inner cover and then outer cover telescoping.

Default Re: Help

The inner cover is used to keep the telescoping lid from sticking to the top of the hive. I goes right below the telecscoping lid, and nowhere else. In short, just put the supers with frames right over your queen excluder. Even better, leave out the queen excluder all together and put your honey supers with frames right over your bottom two deeps (the deeps have frames too, right?). The inner cover goes on top of it all, and then the lid.

Welcome Alexander. Start with one super. When the bees have filled it to 80 or 90 percent with brood and food add the other super.
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

Thanks ok I have the hive down now I have a few more qwestions.
    I have a honey bees in my back pourch eave and they have been there for about a year.
    # 1 How many beehives do I need to house the bees.
    #2 How many qweens will be in the hive
    #3 How do I find the qween.
    #4 How do I keep the qween in the hive
    #5 Do I need a small opening in the hive to protect the bees.
    I have to save these bees my wife wont's them out of the eave we have been finding bees in the house and when she gets home she heres them buzzing in the house and I told her no way I will kill them they are great for my u-pin farm and Ive never been stung by them even when I mow and weed ead.