Default lotion bars and molds?

My wife is trying to make lotion bars in a mold to form them, and place them in a tin. right now she's having a heck of a time matching up a mold that fits a tin. Any links that you can share for sources of containers that match up to molds would be greatly appreciated.
    My wife says I have ADD, but, hey look- a chicken!

Default Re: lotion bars and molds?

there goes another chicken... whats wrong with pouring directly into the tin...?
    Honeydew

What about a small ziplock plastic bag or a sandwich bag without the zipper? Regular sandwich bag could be tied with a ribbon, twine or rafia (sp.) Or, wrap with plastic wrap and again, tie with twine or something like rafia to make it look old fashioned.

Tins may drive up the cost of the product. I am aware of costs with packaging as I make beeswax candles. Ultimately, it just depends on what you want for a finished look for your product. I bought a lotion bar once that came in a small white fancy cardboard box.

One other thought, there are white boxes with clear view covers for them sold at Betterbee. I use them for 4 pack votive candles.

wal-mart has a mini cupcake mold that is perfect [for me anyways] for lotion bars....small ziploks from hobby lobby,or saran wrap&rafia for packaging work for me also

oh yeah,a good quality essential oil makes the difference...NOT wal-mart brand....you'll pay more,but use less&I get many repeat sales due to [I believe]to this fact&the benefits the customers claim

We avoid Wally world like the plague...not sure where she's been getting most of her oils, but she's been pretty frustrated at the price...

I'll share the cupcake mold idea. She's pretty focused on placing the lotion bars in a tin, though
    My wife says I have ADD, but, hey look- a chicken!

once you get below the rim of the tin it is hard to rub the 'bar' on your elbow or back...maybe use the tins for storage,but still bee able to remove it

Try the sage dot com soap making supply site. Nice people, good prices, and always available to answer questions about what ever you are making. I also like the lye calculator.

Good luck,
    Summer

use a 3" pvc tube and you can cut the rounds to fit in the tins. place a piece of parchment paper on the bottom of the tin, put in the bar and a piece of parchment on top and it can then be easily taken out of the tin to be used.

I started out as an opportunistic beekeeper. Now the bees keep me...