Default Multiple installations, do you do anything different?

This is my first year installing more than one package. I have four due to arrive May 4th.

Is there anything I should do differently this time around or just go ahead and install one after another using the usual method? Any chance that the bees will get confused and all try to move to each others hives? The hives are going to be fairly close to each other, 1-2 feet separation max.

Default Re: Multiple installations, do you do anything different?

install one after another using the usual method
    Dont know what your usual method is but if you dont shake the bees out of the packages they are less likely to get confused if you put the package inside the hive and let them crowl out with the lid on the hive.
    Ed, KA9CTT profanity is IGNORANCE made audible
    you can`t fix stupid not even with duct tape

If you do shake them out, I would wait until late evening. I haven't had problems doing it that way, but friends have had problems doing it in the middle of the day. I wouldn't wait to check them long if you leave the box in there. They will start comb in any empty space if given the chance.

I shook them before, but it was a cold rainy day so not much chance of them leaving the hive. I didn't even see any of them come out for three days.

They will always drift a little. Sometimes a lot, but usually that's over a few days if they do. Multiple installs aren't difficult and you pretty much do the same as a single install. For a package or two, I usually just put a veil on since it's only a few minutes to shake the bee's in. For more than that, especially if it's a nice day and the bee's are flying, I'll put a jacket on as well. After shaking a couple of packages into hives that are right close to each other, you get a fair amount of bee's in the air and it's more comfortable to work as time goes on.
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"

I put two packages in and simply did each one in turn the same way, shaking the boxes in and then setting each one in front of the hive. Yes, the bees from one hive investigated the other. Yes, there were a heck of a lot of bees flying around, but so what. I simply kept to my bee-zness and let them keep to theirs. Close 'em up and let 'em sort it all out for themselves.

Thanks for the info.