Default Looking for package bees Chicago

I had two first-year hives last year that did not survive the winter here, in the western suburbs of Chicago. It was my first year to start beekeeping. I was hoping to find someone I could buy some package bees from to put into my empty hives. I would like to know the cost and where they are being shipped from. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Default Re: Looking for package bees Chicago

I'm heading up to Owen WI on Friday, to pick up some bees. I plan on being back early afternoon on Saturday. I live outside Elgin. I'm getting bees from John and Sherri. If they can get a package or two ready for you, I can pick them up. I'm hoping you can cover a little of my gas :-)

www.honeyglowfarm.com

I am going up with c10250. I live close to you in Bartlett. If you can get a package or two let me know and we would be able to get them to Bartlett.

How much would a package cost? I am a college student and have limited funds.

you might want to go to the web site and find out.

Sorry, didn't notice the link. Thanks for offering to pick up a package for me while you're there, but I think I will go a different route.

Did you get your bees? I live in West Chicago and am going to split 2 of my hives. I'm sure we could work something out.

I caught a swarm yesterday so I have one hive now. I also live in West Chicago and would be interested in getting a nuc or something from you to get my other empty hive going. What kind of bees do you have?

going to be lots of swarms this year you may just want to put your name out to the local police and fire dept. Keep on collecting them and save the money. Being a student is hard on the finances

I believe they're Italian. Not sure off the top of my head though. Give me a call if you're interested. 630-876-0248. Mike