Default Should I transfer 1 frame of brood into the super above my brood box?

I am a new beekeeper in Virginia and loving every moment of it....to include learning that I am deathly allergic to bee stings...it took a small issue with anaphylaxis for me to get good equipment that I call bee armor.

I purchased a nuc from an awesome beekeeper in Earlysville, VA. He was kind enough to transfer it into my deep. I have done my inspections and find my bees doing a great job, lots of capped brood, honey and pollen, 2 weeks ago I added a medium super on top of my deep brood box because there was activity on 7 of my 8 frames. But in my last 2 inspections I haven't noticed the bees moving upwards. Should I transfer one frame of brood up into the upper super to encourage them to get busy upstairs? Or should I leave it alone? I fed my nuc for about 1 week but then stopped because our resources here in Virginia are plentiful and the frames are loaded with honey.

I am interested in what y'all think...Thank you for your responses.

-HoneyMidwife

Default Re: Should I transfer 1 frame of brood into the super above my brood box?

Should I transfer one frame of brood up into the upper super to encourage them to get busy upstairs?
    I have found that to work in a hive that seams to bee slow at moveing up
    Ed, KA9CTT profanity is IGNORANCE made audible
    you can`t fix stupid not even with duct tape

Default Re: Should I transfer 1 frame of brood into the super above my brood box?

They will take advantage of the space when they feel they need it but moving a frame of brood up won't hurt anything and could help. I am much more of a hands off beek.
    Mike Forbes
    Red Dirt Apiaries