Default Wife thinks I'm Crazy

My wife witnessed, for the first time, me catching a swarm. Unfortunately, one of my hives swarmed today and when I arrives home from work to discover it, my wife went to the bee yard to watch. The swarm was about ten feet up in an apple tree, I set up my ladder and began preparing to hive the swarm. My wife began to fret due to the fact I was not wearing any protective gear. I was able to set a hive body just under the swarm and shake them into the box. And of course bees began flying, I shook the branch one last time to be positive I had the queen in the box and began down the ladder. I set the hive directly under the branch and the girls that was outside the box began marching inside. I looked at my wife and all she would say is that I was crazy.

Default Re: Wife thinks I'm Crazy

Yeah......Don't ya love it when they call ya crazy???????????????

Well, nothing you've said proves conclusively that you're NOT crazy ... just right about the swarm.

Wifes are never wrong about such things and we husbands keeping proven em right.

Sounds like you did a good job. Next time ask her if she'd like to hold the ladder.
    "Tradition becomes our security, and when the mind is secure it is in decay".....Krishnamurti

I post a craigslist add saying i want swarms and my wife think im crazy =) she loves me though =)

I had a 7yo at the last swarm call I got that came out and was collecting the bees off the ground with bare feet and was picking up the bees and putting them in the box. I'm in full gear and he's here with shorts and bare feet. Lol. I did show him the difference between drones and workers and let him pet a drone. He was so excited.

Swarm Capture 4-17-12.jpg

This is why my wife thinks I'm Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Honeypeach View Post
    Well, nothing you've said proves conclusively that you're NOT crazy ... just right about the swarm.
    Hahahaha.

I have my wife hold the box up so I can shower her with bees, the only part of the experience she is NOT ok with is how hard I laugh... a guys got to have fun

I's say your wife is pretty lucky,when my wife tells me i'm crazy for doing things like that I tell her i had to be to marry her....have fun being crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    I had a 7yo at the last swarm call I got that came out and was collecting the bees off the ground with bare feet and was picking up the bees and putting them in the box. I'm in full gear and he's here with shorts and bare feet. Lol. I did show him the difference between drones and workers and let him pet a drone. He was so excited.
    that should have been a Kodak moment to take a picture of your kid with the drone, next time carry a camera!!