Default Got my NUCS yesterday

Just got 2 5 frame NUCS yesterday.

Lost a few in transport but nothing serious the queens are still ok.

I put out some sugar water but they don't seem to interested. Right now there is clover
    and privet hedge to forage.

What should I do for them NOW and for the next month or so? Do I need to check them in a week or
    2? When do I install the next brood box?

They appear strong and thriving.

Default Re: Got my NUCS yesterday

Are they in 8 or 10 frame boxes already? If so, and assuming you filled the boxes out with foundation, then don't do anything until all the frames are drawn out. As they draw out the foundation you may have to move foundation frames in toward the middle and fully drawn frames out toward the sides in order to get them to fully draw the foundation. Don't add another box until they have everything drawn out and are getting crowded; they won't move into the new box anyway until they need more room for the queen to lay in or for honey stores. Usually, as you found, they won't go after the sugar water if there's a flow underway, and the nectar and pollen are more healthy for them.

As always thanks for answering my many questions Fish Stix

It's a 10 frame box. Yes the boxes are filled with foundation. About how long does it take a strong hive to build out 10 frames.?
    Last edited by honeyman46408; 04-16-2012 at 05:07 AM. Reason: UNQuote

Also do I move the next box on top or put it on the bottom and move the full box on top of hive or does it matter?