Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Beekeeper wanted for large operation in Northern CA

very good point. the Achilles heel of my theory. it would be interesting to se oe the data of losses between those using excluders and those who dont. while also factoring in the hive size--singles, doubles, etc and how compare parent colonies vs splits. pop a queen in and ship it to the dakotas....alot show up already dead. i ll conclude with the following--there may be holes in my theory but believe that better practices will reduce the number of losses, and will show an accurate # which are CCD . with workmanship and stress removed then the focus can be on pesticides and herbicides. the free university as intended by the founding fathers was exactly the opposite of what we have today. we were told of the growing influence of corporations in developing the curriculum in non private universities by Pres. Eisenhauer in his farewell address. we were told to be vigilant. if the SDSU ag department has a marqui that reads: the bayer crop-science school of agronomy, is that vigilance? by definition it is fascism. that point is indisputable.

Posts like that strike me an a rather odd way of demonstrating one's qualifications for a beekeeping job.
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Rader, I think if I were living in South Dakota in November, I'd be pretty dang motivated to get to California too. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by christopher View Post
    very good point. the Achilles heel of my theory. it would be interesting to se oe the data of losses between those using excluders and those who dont. while also factoring in the hive size--singles, doubles, etc and how compare parent colonies vs splits. pop a queen in and ship it to the dakotas....alot show up already dead. i ll conclude with the following--there may be holes in my theory but believe that better practices will reduce the number of losses, and will show an accurate # which are CCD . with workmanship and stress removed then the focus can be on pesticides and herbicides. the free university as intended by the founding fathers was exactly the opposite of what we have today. we were told of the growing influence of corporations in developing the curriculum in non private universities by Pres. Eisenhauer in his farewell address. we were told to be vigilant. if the SDSU ag department has a marqui that reads: the bayer crop-science school of agronomy, is that vigilance? by definition it is fascism. that point is indisputable.
    Somebody may say "Yer hired!!", but, if you want to get a job w/ someone whose politics may not go along w/ yours, you might want to keep your thoughts to yourself until you know what you can say around a potential employer.

Otherwise, we got ya pegged. Thank you.

"the free university"? What r u talking about?
    Mark Berninghausen #youmatter

indeed. i can only give so much effort to someone like minded, and that has the means to pay generously for my labor. I had some responses that asked for a resume'. I ve been laying out a comprehensive resume' in these threads. California quite frankly or anywhere other than the northern plains/mountain (God's country) is dreadful to me; its purely financial and its been 3 weeks since i ve been in the bees and im having withdrawals. Finally, the free university system is the publicly funded universities in the states. A bold new concept and freedom we enjoy that came with independce from England. Thank you for keeping me on task. If you read all my posts in this tgread its a resume'.

If I was a commercial operation, I'd hire him.

If I was a commercial operation, I'd hire him.
    Well you're not, and have you ever hired anyone, for any business?

Quote Originally Posted by christopher View Post
    indeed. i can only give so much effort to someone like minded, and that has the means to pay generously for my labor. I had some responses that asked for a resume'. I ve been laying out a comprehensive resume' in these threads. California quite frankly or anywhere other than the northern plains/mountain (God's country) is dreadful to me; its purely financial and its been 3 weeks since i ve been in the bees and im having withdrawals. Finally, the free university system is the publicly funded universities in the states. A bold new concept and freedom we enjoy that came with independce from England. Thank you for keeping me on task. If you read all my posts in this tgread its a resume'.
    If you mean the Land Grant Colleges, I had no idea they were free. I always paid tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by clyderoad View Post
    Well you're not, and have you ever hired anyone, for any business?
    Yes. And, paid them handsomely.

free as in free from a ruling party that prevented access and controled the curriculum and research as to their needs. Rather, the free university is what all state colleges, municipal, etc are, and the state is the guardian of the free speech. read/listen to Eisenhauers Fare well Address to the Nation. I think Jan 61. His statement about corruption in universities, which is ilegal,; the trustees are the state boards of regents. its state law . This pales in comparrison to the subject of his address. it will be good for you to hear.

Sure would have been nice when I was looking for full time commercial work if there was a place I could put me resume' and just choose the best offer hah. Check the bee magazines. Call some supply branches and ask if they know anyone hiring. Go where the money is that's what i always do, looks like you have a TON of experience after reading your resume, I mean forum post.

When I was going to move to NY back in 1986 I sent a resume' to a number of beekeepers in Northern NY. I am sure that they were all circular filed. I asked one of the beekeepers why he never responded to my letter. "Anybody who has even walked through the doors of a College is useless.", he said. He never thought I would make it as a beekeeper. Twenty seven years later he knows he was wrong.

Mark: don't be so sure.

Free advice: call the folks that run the yards in California, etc. .

ok. final post for me. w regard to queen bees: Lorde is the artist-Royals is the name

Quote Originally Posted by sqkcrk View Post
    When I was going to move to NY back in 1986 I sent a resume' to a number of beekeepers in Northern NY. I am sure that they were all circular filed. I asked one of the beekeepers why he never responded to my letter. "Anybody who has even walked through the doors of a College is useless.", he said. He never thought I would make it as a beekeeper. Twenty seven years later he knows he was wrong.
    And where is that beekeeper today?
    California Almond Pollination Services, Inc.
    http://www.almondbeepollination.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12