Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Beekeeper wanted for large operation in Northern CA

Full-time, year around position open for a commercial beekeeping operation out of Sacramento region. We are looking for a motivated individual to assist with everything from pulling honey, moving hives in and out of pollination, and general hive care. Pay rate is based on beekeeping and equipment experience. Private message me with your information and questions.

Default Re: Beekeeper wanted for large operation in Northern CA

Hello my name is Mario Cervantes, I live in Delano, Ca and I have had experience in beekeeping for about 6 years, and I am interested in working with bees year round. I have experience with the fortklift pulling hives in and out of pollination and in general all beekeeping maintence and care. I also have 300 hives of my own. If you have any questions please fill free to call me to this number,: 661-229-0984.

Years of experience, kinda old, kinda fat, and lazy, got a bad back, I get up at 9:00 am and need an hour for lunch and I have to be off work no later than 4:00 pm. How much does it pay? Horace.

Horace from Florida? You sly fox, you can be my wingman any day The first three words trump the rest of your post. On second thought you didn't say "beekeeping experience" now did you. Hmmm
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

Bees_1_9_-481x343.jpg

Horace Bell Honey 1984

Quote Originally Posted by UVBee View Post
    Full-time, year around position open for a commercial beekeeping operation out of Sacramento region. We are looking for a motivated individual to assist with everything from pulling honey, moving hives in and out of pollination, and general hive care. Pay rate is based on beekeeping and equipment experience. Private message me with your information and questions.
    hi, i am satish from india. i am a bee keeper and having bee farm in my place. i have experience in bee keeping about 2 years. i wish to work as a bee keeper in abroad. my mail id is srsatish@gmail.com and my mobile number is 00-91-9150123248.

Horace, seems that every operation needs a few experienced, fat, old, lazy guy to make everybody look just a little better. If your hours were more in the realm of 4 am to 9 pm we could talk...

I don't know if you are still looking but I have 5yrs commercial experience. I manage about 2500 hives for spring splits and 2500 hives for honey. Knowledge slightly lacking in extracting and grafting as I am more of a field manager. I move nearly all of the bees in and out so there is no problem there. In the fall I build ,repair and paint it all all equipment that needs it. If you wish you can contact me robertdavis48@yahoo.com

[QUOTE=UVBee;781418]Full-time, year around position open for a commercial beekeeping operation out of Sacramento region. We are looking for a motivated individual to assist with everything from pulling honey, moving hives in and out of pollination, and general hive care. Pay rate is based on beekeeping and equipment experience. Private message me with your information and questions.[/QUOTE... from las vegas I don't know if is to late for the job position,i have more the 27 years exp, i grow up with bees,we have more the 7000 hives in my family i now everything about it ,transportation, pollination,pulling honey,make nucleus {new hives}everything...you can contact me at leonardomauricio.garcia98@gmail.com thanks

I am very interested in the position. I am from Serbia and I need a sponsor so I can obtain a work visa. I have relatives near Sacramento so the location is perfect. I have 6 years experience and if you are interested i can e-mail you my resume. I have a contact in California who is helping me through the process and you can contact her as well. 323) 309-1199

Hello. my name is chris walsh. im a beekeeper in south dakota. im highly qualified and looking for a great environment to work. My # is 605 354 7376.

Quote Originally Posted by UVBee View Post
    Private message me with your information and questions.
    Guess following directions is not a prerequisite.

Attention to detail can be a make, or break trait in the job market!

If UVBee needed 6 beekeepers, then he'd be all set.

Of course, if anyone else needed 6 beekeepers, they would be OK as well.

Who says the 6 that posted publicly are looking for the job with UVBees?
    Stand for what you believe, even if you stand alone.

Id suppose a pre requisite would be able to load and unload semis w ease, break 600 heavy doubles to treat in 2 days, make strong splits, graft cells longer than cell protectors, pull 12 pallets of honey a day and not the queen, run the uncapper for 2months sraight, etc. just saying.

Actually, he d only need 4. I consistently do the work of two men in a days work, and at least 3 nights a week i go back to work after supper and do another 4-5 hours definitely have plenty to learn and pollish, but as far as labor goes--its easy for me. My mentors hustle. came into the business w a s florida construction conditioning regimen. Learned the science from some of the best and the labor was/is easier than digging plumbing trench or framing custom homes in 100% humidity. It really is simple. i love it! 1/2 science and 1/2 physical fitness. i propose a beekeeping olympics. all phases--speed, efficiency, quality, speed. the benchmark would be perfect work with the fastest time. sprinting through breaking doubles-maybe 10 days straight, and the marathon of pulling heavy honey for 2 mos straight. while operating on minimal sleep from moving bees half the night. just an idea. theres a bunch of guys down around Lake county Florida that would take the challenge. I know 6 that are so stubborn losing wouldnt be an option. the difference between gold and silver could be one pulled A queen and the other didnt. might have to go to a decision based on how clean the truck is. and if the judge is the Jamaican there may be a white glove involved.

lol. Just call one of the numbers in the abj and send a resume'. Easy as that.

Continued: In all seriousness. as employers and employees we all should challenge ourselves physically to kick it up a notch. The reasons are simple and profitable. The problems of CCD are in my.opinion very closely related. As are the poor honey crops. Laziness and carelessness were contributing factors to this years poor honey crop in the Dakotas--the small crop to be made was over before most of the bees were even here. Its also my opinion that CCD is 1/3 gmo, systemic pesticides/herbicides; 1/3 pushing the colonies way too hard on 4 crops and taking all the honey, and finally, athe most important: SHODDY WORK PRACTICES BY UNSKILLED HACKS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR large scale double digit losses when THEY PULL QUEENS WITH THE HONEY DAY AFTER DAY. This is important because if it were not the case that element could be removed from the debate and the focusdirected on the poison crops. mites should be eliminated as well because its to be assumed that everyone treats for mites. if not your losses shouldnt even be considered. Weak splits can group w robbing too hard and tgat can also be removed if employers and employees did better work. so, not a bulletproof theory statistically but nevertheless quite logical and not easily dismissed or refuted. If you do this work for the money your days are numbered if quality is not controled. Everyone i know does it because we love it. SIMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by christopher View Post
    Continued: In all seriousness. as employers and employees we all should challenge ourselves physically to kick it up a notch. The reasons are simple and profitable. The problems of CCD are in my.opinion very closely related. As are the poor honey crops. Laziness and carelessness were contributing factors to this years poor honey crop in the Dakotas--the small crop to be made was over before most of the bees were even here. Its also my opinion that CCD is 1/3 gmo, systemic pesticides/herbicides; 1/3 pushing the colonies way too hard on 4 crops and taking all the honey, and finally, athe most important: SHODDY WORK PRACTICES BY UNSKILLED HACKS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR large scale double digit losses when THEY PULL QUEENS WITH THE HONEY DAY AFTER DAY.
    The most important 1/3? . Sooooooo what if you are using excluders?
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney