Thread: white clover

Default white clover

Looking for white clover seed.

Default Re: white clover

I saw some on ebay just last night. they were selling 1lb bags up to 50lb bags the lowest price for 50lb bag wa about 175.00 good luck and you may be able to find it cheaper somewhere else.

Are you wanting the annual variety Hubam?

rtoney,

I dont know how often you get up near St. Louis. I live in Wright City (about 45 min west of St. Louis). There are two farmers co ops less than 5 miles from me that sell the Ladino White Clover for $2.99/lb or $130/50lb bag. The Ladino is a bi-annual clover that reseeds itself every other year. 8lbs/acre for overseeding is what I think I did.

Most people say to seed in the spring or late fall "if you have to." I did both last year. The area where I seeded in the Spring never grew above 1" tall all year. Where I planted in the fall in late September was 3" tall by November and is now 14" tall and healthy as can be. The Spring patch from last year is just now about 6" tall. It could be that the extreme heat we had stunted the spring growth but Im not sure.

Thanks but I do not want to reseed each year for the Hubam and i think I would prefer the perennial over the bi-annual.