Default Having problems logging into chat

On internet explorer, it seems as if it's almost impossible to log into chat, and I don't know why. Firefox is even worse, saying I have to download a plug-in for java and when I try it fails. Do any of you recommend Google chrome? Chat is one of my favorite features of this site, but now it's looking like I might have to struggle to get onto it.

Nathan
    Good enough is perfect - Joel Salatin

Default Re: Having problems logging into chat

Hmmm...I noticed I was having problems with a lot of things a week or so ago...apparently there was a flaw in my 6.27 version of Java & I had to go to www.java.com and download the latest release; cleared everything up nicely. MIght be worth giving it a try, see if it fixes things for you too

Thanks robherc, I got my sister to download the new version and I can get on again on Firefox.

Nathan
    Good enough is perfect - Joel Salatin

When I tried to log in just now, it wouldn't accept either my user name or password. Iad to re-register and change my password. Anyone know why?

Google Chrome is the only way I can do the chat...

Firefox doesn't even work for me. But I'm also running Ubuntu Linux, not Windows.

TC

wow here is a twist. I wanted to log into chat but couldn't get the updater to update Java in Google Chrome. Contrary to what others are saying I had to go to Internet Explorer to log in to chat!

The more we know the more we don't know.

Thanks for the input folks.

Ok I cannot get into the chat room. All I get is a blank grey screen. I have updated Java. I am using Foxfire, but have tried on IE and Google Chrome. They both just have a grey screen. I have logged on to it in the past, but it has been months. I could use some advice please.
    Dan Hayden 4 Years. 12 hives. Tx Free. USDA Zone 5b.

The java you updated is in Foxfire or Google Chrome, or IE? Just one of them?

It did not used to work for me on Firefox, but as of today, it is working. I have usually been using chrome to get into the chat.
    If you think anything organic is good for you, go drink some organic solvents.
    geek, learning how to be a beek

Quote Originally Posted by seyc View Post
    It did not used to work for me on Firefox, but as of today, it is working. I have usually been using chrome to get into the chat.
    What is the reason?

Any browser should work with Java (version not critical). Only thing I've known to really cause a problem is the browser not allowing popups for the site. Hiding behind a proxy can cause problems but that's not common for most people. If you're doing that, it's probably on purpose and you know what I'm talking about.

I should add that there are many addons for browsers. Many to protect your computer from malicious attacks, viruses and the like. Make sure none of those are blocking this site or Java execution. There are just to many to list, so you're kinda on your on with those. You should be aware of what you have installed. This is a clean site and the owner is not interested in collected your information or exploiting your machine.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Bizzybee; 01-17-2013 at 08:56 PM.
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill