Big Grin New Beek in Bucks County PA, Blogging Experience with New Equipment

Hello All!! Here is a little about myself. I Graduated college with a horticultural degree and manage a Farm Market. My girl friend has bio-dynamic farm in town where my hives are goign to be located at. I live in South Eastern Pennsylvania, Bucks County. I have been interested in bees for a while and finally made the plunge!!

I Installed 2 packages of Italian Bees from GA on Saturday March 31st. I am using 10 frame hive body with a all in one bottom and the entrance reduced to the smallest setting. I am using the top feeder in both hives.

I have started a blog to document my experiences.... http://www.astonwardblog.com/berts-backyard-bees/

I have read, talked, and taken a but of classes to get prepared but the more information the better!! I have enjoyed the proccess so far and I am already thinking about increasing!

I guess it is official I am a BEEK!!!!

Default Re: New Beek in Bucks County PA, Blogging Experience with New Equipment

Welcome to the site!

I went to high school in Bucks County. Pennsbury.

Welcome Z!
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

Welcome Z!
    Last edited by AmericasBeekeeper; 04-11-2012 at 06:38 AM. Reason: duplicate post

Hi Zib, a big welcome from western Berks County.
    I like your blog.
    Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Zib View Post
    Hello All!! Here is a little about myself. I Graduated college with a horticultural degree and manage a Farm Market. My girl friend has bio-dynamic farm in town where my hives are goign to be located at. I live in South Eastern Pennsylvania, Bucks County. I have been interested in bees for a while and finally made the plunge!!

I Installed 2 packages of Italian Bees from GA on Saturday March 31st. I am using 10 frame hive body with a all in one bottom and the entrance reduced to the smallest setting. I am using the top feeder in both hives.

I have started a blog to document my experiences.... http://www.astonwardblog.com/berts-backyard-bees/

I have read, talked, and taken a but of classes to get prepared but the more information the better!! I have enjoyed the proccess so far and I am already thinking about increasing!

I guess it is official I am a BEEK!!!!
    Welcome aboard! I grew up in Bucks County. I live in S.E. TX now. I have family in Fairless Hills and Newtown. I wish you success in your endeavor.
    -Randy

I look forward to gauging my experiences with yours through your blog.
    Thanks,