Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default R. Russell queens

Greetings all!

Was wondering if anyone who has ordered queens from R. Russell has received them yet? If so, could you tell me a) when you ordered them? and b) when they arrived?
    Thanks,
    Steven
    "If all you have is a hammer, the whole world is a nail." - A.H. Maslow

Default Re: R. Russell queens

Robert posted this on his site.

At this point it looks like we are going to have to postpone shipping queens until April 16th... at that time we will be shipping more than we usually do per day so we can catch back up as quickly as possible... the office is a total mess... a large nuc yard was hit as well, and while we were able to straighten up the majority of the nucs, they will definitely be set back from the damages... this whole week is calling for thunderstorms, so we won't be able to make a clear assessment of how bad and what it will take to get them back on track until next week... I am thankful for all the help that everyone is offering us, and a few guys from other operations have already arrived as well as our staff from other states, so we have a strong work force working on what they can each time the weather gives us a chance... we are still trying to answer emails but the ladies are working from laptops and cell phones at the moment, and the internet connection is very slow compared to the hard wired office, so hang in there while they work through that... thank you everyone for understanding...
    Becky aka Turnersville Bees, Member of TN Beekeepers,
    President of CMCBA, Secretary of CCBA

Thanks Becky,
    I couldn't get to their site....
    Regards,
    Steven
    "If all you have is a hammer, the whole world is a nail." - A.H. Maslow

I ordered a SunKist queen Feb. 25th. I received an email saying that She shipped today. Perfect timing too, I've got a colony that is busting at the seams that will donate some brood and honey for a new hive.

Steven,

I have to access their site using Internet Explorer; can't get there from Google (our state game & fish site is the same way here); try IE & see if that works.

I ordered a few weeks ago as well. Received an email that mine shipped today as well. Looking forward to receiving them this week. Not a moment too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenG View Post
    Was wondering if anyone who has ordered queens from R. Russell has received them yet?
    I placed my order on March 16 and paid in full on that date. To date, I have received no acknowledgement of my order from Russell Apiaries. All attempts to communicate with them have failed.
    A cold bee smoker is bad for the soul.

If you paid via PayPal, check your account. If there is a charge, then they received the order.

Quote Originally Posted by theriverhawk View Post
    If you paid via PayPal, check your account. If there is a charge, then they received the order.
    The charge is there. They have my money -- paid in full. I'm leaving town on June 13 for three months of work away from home. If I don't get my queens by then, they will die in the Post Office. I planned my order based on my work schedule -- not on a supplier that can't even answer the phone.

I confess that I have myself to blame. Had I googled Russell Apiaries, I would have learned that their failure to deliver in a reasonable amount of time and their failure communicate has been a chronic problem for years.

Quote Originally Posted by blainenay View Post
    I placed my order on March 16 and paid in full on that date.
    What shipping date did you request?

Quote Originally Posted by Specialkayme View Post
    What shipping date did you request?
    May 28.

It is not uncommon for an agricultural based operation to be behind by a week or two. Considering everything that has happened to Russell's this year (tornadoes, destroyed buildings, worker deaths) I'd be shocked if he wasn't AT LEAST three weeks behind in his orders.

If you requested a shipping date for May 28, but you are leaving for three months on June 13th, I would say you planned poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialkayme View Post
    ....I would say you planned poorly.
    As I said before, I confess that I have myself to blame. Had I googled Russell Apiaries, I would have learned that their failure to deliver in a reasonable amount of time and their failure communicate has been a chronic problem for years. Indeed, I "planned poorly."

I ordered a Moonbeam a couple of months ago for late June delivery be interesting to see if it shows up. I have already been charged for it. I leave July 1 for 10 days of camping with my sons. If it shows up then it will surely die.

We have been warned. If my Moonbeam shows up I will be shocked at this point. They did charge my card before shipping the product which I believe is a violation of FTC law which is, ladies and gentleman, is a violation of a Federal Law. This can't be good as my brother is a lawyer that loves doing pro bono work for me. ;-)

my moonbeams are doing well, nice like puppy dogs. Some of the other queens arnt doign so hot, but its probly becuase I had no time to introduce everyone correctly. live and learn. If I was to complain to russells I would be one of the many who have caused the reason for russell to go back to commercials. Was there some duds in this batch? with out a doubt yes, but I know that the 8 splits I made one day didnt all have duds, while 5 I did the other day all had top of the line queens. Learnt my lesson. I screwed up, oh well.
    Chris Cree
    Cree's Bees

Beezly,
    Are you really gonna make me out to be the bad guy based on a typo and me coming back a day or two earlier?

I have NOT asked for money back on the queens that were released and then mysteriously "disappeared" before laying. The replacement queen I am speaking of in #12 is the DOA queen that I was told would be shipped on the 11th of this month. I do expect either a replacement queen or a refund. EVERY queen breeder does that. I, along with dozens of other folks, am still waiting on this replacement queen, again, that I WAS TOLD WOULD BE SHIPPED ON THE 11th.

Twinkie is a hack...and you are the next sucker/victim. You just sit back and wait on that queen to show up. If you only run a hive or two, you can afford it. If you're like so many of us that have future income that is dependent up the timing of splits, then we have the right to be angry. I did EVERYTHING I was told by Russell in order to get the queens by a certain date. I have a calendar that I operate on in order to make splits, grow them to make it thru winter so that I can split and sell nucs next spring. The one month delay on those three queens and now loss of all three has set me back over 6 weeks on 3 hives. I will not be able to make queens off of any of the 3 queens. In a nutshell, because of this, I will be unable to make 9 additional splits...$120X9=$1080 that I have potentially lost.

Over and over, folks are chiming in here sharing horrible experiences where they were mislead/decieved. I felt this way at first, backed off of it and even sent an apology email. After seeing the results of the queens I received, hearing stories of folks receiving "banked queens" and DOA queens not being honored with a replacement, I for one, am now of the belief that this group is exactly what folks are saying about them. The sad thing is that my story/experience PALES compared to what others have lost.

So, again, you just sit back and wait on that queen and nit pick our statements while ignoring the big picture....

The RA queens I received about a week ago were under a press in introduction cage for a few days and the hive loved em. When released they promptly set about laying frame after frame. No complaints here.

Thumbs Up Russell queens Arrived promtly...

Quote Originally Posted by StevenG View Post
    Greetings all!

Was wondering if anyone who has ordered queens from R. Russell has received them yet? If so, could you tell me a) when you ordered them? and b) when they arrived?
    Thanks,
    Steven
    I ordered two queens (online) Monday evening July 9, 2012. Received confirmation e-mail in the morning Tuesday. Received shipping notification Tuesday afternoon. Post office called early Wednesday morning for pickup. I realize there are several legitimate agendas represented in this thread, but my expectations were exceeded.
    LeeB
    I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up :)

Default Re: Russell queens Arrived promtly...

Lee, what kind of queen was it?
    thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast