Thread: New Beekeeper

Big Grin New Beekeeper Nova Scotia

Hello, my name is Ben Little. i am 30 years old and I live in Bridgewater Nova Scotia. I am new and i have 2 complete hives and my safety equipment, But no Bees yet, the nucs are ordered from a man named Kevin Spicer in Nova Scotia . i have been reading like crazy and watching videos on youtube, seeing some different ideas ect.
    I would like to get together with some local keepers and chat and learn from them if possible

There is some people around who keep bees , but they don't seem to be around or want to help me, one guy said " go to a course " ummm well i don't have 350-400 dollars for a weekend course that is held once a year like the one at the windhorse farm .

I thought there was a common interest with keepers , like sharing the wealth of knowledge , it shouldn't be a secret or at least that is what i thought.

Anyways i am soo glad i found this site it looks great !! good job everyone !!

if anyone wishes to chat or whatever i am VERY into beekeeping.
    I always thought Bees were amazing creatures , but i never understood anything about them , until recently .

Thanks for listening

Ben
    Last edited by Ben Little; 04-10-2012 at 06:29 AM.

Default Re: New Beekeeper Nova Scotia

Hi Ben!

You will find willing "helpers" here... Have fun.
    BeeCurious
    Trying to think inside the box...

Welcome Ben!
    I never knew how many people in my area had hives until I started and now while driving I see more and more, keep asking there are people out there willing to help, plus you have this fourm as well
    Have fun when your girls arrive

Welcome Ben!
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com